Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
When i used a r16 file I didn't have that problem. I was told if you try to use tif it will convert it to 8 bit internally and only true raw input files work @ 16 bit. So I expect my issue was not your issue.
Hmm, I wonder what the solution is :/
The reason I asked is I tried to use a 16 bit tif file with MapMagic in Unity  using the texture input node and I got that same stepped effect.
It definitely is 16bit, that was the first thing I checked since it seems to be a resolution issue. Its exporting as Raw16
Just curious - your file output from world machine is using raw r16 file?
Feature Requests / Smaller BreakUp shape
« Last post by JamesChao on December 07, 2017, 01:41:37 PM »
Hi, I've noticed that we couldn't get smaller breakup shape in the Layout editor than 333m.  I was wondering if it's possible to add a feature to be able to use breakup shapes in the scale range of 10~100m?

WM seems to be great for huge geological span.  Our gameplay area is smaller and typically about 1kmx1km in size.  At that level, "breakup" shape in Layout Generator is un-useable.  I've tried making things 10kmx10km and then scale them 0.1x.  But that doesn't really create the correct erosion scale and such.

Thanks!

Geology and Terrain / Re: coast erosion is too simple
« Last post by Victorsl on December 07, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »
A few mouths ago I found the solution I was looking for... similar with what I understood from your original ideia but with a few modifications since I already had a complete terrain missing only the coast line complexity. So anyway you help me a lot with the original idea :D
Thank you a lot for the attention and reply.
Geology and Terrain / Re: coast erosion is too simple
« Last post by Johnny on December 06, 2017, 11:11:48 AM »
Hey there!

Late reply, I know... But I have been off for a while due to other priorities.

As I can see you are refering to my answer. It's been a while since I last laid my hands on WM, but I remember this case.

So, I know I might have sounded a bit greek on that reply (because I am Greek! hahaha...ha......*funny joke* :|), so it's not your fault for not understanding. I will try to put it as simply as I can. Unfortunately, my pc broke a while ago, and I am typing from one that cannot handle WM. So, I will not give you a formula,  instead I will try to help you understand how it works, so you make it freely yourself and in your style. :)

Simply put, from my emperical research on nature, my observation is that smooth sandy terrain landasses occur on the flowing parts of the landmass, or on the "insides" of the coastline, not all-around, except for some cases that the sandy landmass is high, or affected by natural phenomenons, like wind, thermal weathering, or sea weathering.

So, along a coastline: sand -> "insides"
                                rocks -> "outsides"

As a start, try masking a coast erosion on the deposition output of the common erosion. And see where you get from there. Not the flow one, it won't look that good. Here is a simply (and little bad) example:
 _______________                           ______________
 |EROSION           |-------------------|COAST EROSION|
 |         flow output|                          |   mask input     |
 |        wear output|                                     |
 |deposition output|-----------------------------|

There is a better and more realistic idea, which I was working a year ago, that works with maxing an erosion over another, though simple, pretty complicated to explain... So, your best bet here is when I have the chance to show you a .tmd example...

Good luck and cheers!

I created some simple shapes in World Machine to represent a beach descending down into a body of water and the slope down towards the water isnt smooth its jagged and stair-step-like.  I even tried blurring the image in photoshop and the issue still persists. I dont understand what is causing the issue.  The raw file is 4096x4096 and my height map resolution is set at 4097.  I have attached an image to show the issue when zoomed in close.

Feature Requests / Caves Holes Tool
« Last post by Warsoul on November 30, 2017, 07:45:16 PM »
A tool to quickly create Holes with trigger collider to deactivate and activate collision in Unity 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10