Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Development News / Re: Dev Silent in Forum and Blog
« Last post by motorsep on October 13, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »
So I am guessing this is symptomatic - gotta swamp the forum with angry posts to make author to post something in the blog. We are in the middle of October and no updates :/
Guest Forum / Re: Multiple high color maps over large tiles? Is it possibile?
« Last post by c_jolicoeur on October 12, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »
I follow Anna B Mayer on patreon, she makes maps that are 200-300 km in size, mostly for 2D purposes but they look awesome in vue. They come with different color maps. I say it's possible if you create zone with the layout generator and use it as "mask". You could also makes yourself 2D masks in photoshop and import them as file input if you feel too clueless.

So basically, yes.

A test on Color map I did last week. All colors are made in WM.
Guest Forum / Re: Help making large island for new person
« Last post by c_jolicoeur on October 12, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
if you want to pay 20$, anna b mayer has a patreon where she explains large maps with different spots. She helped me make huge scenes with various parts bur I'd say the level of her files are intermediate, she doesn't provide much info yet but she's always on to explain her maps. You also need a developper edition of WM to open her files.

https://www.patreon.com/annabmeyer/posts
Feature Requests / random rotation in instance scatter
« Last post by sebazistan on October 10, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »
Would like to be able to scatter objects with the instance scatter device and give them random rotation as well as random scale.
Macros and Plugins / ROTATE elements
« Last post by sebazistan on October 10, 2017, 09:39:41 AM »
Hello!  Used the instance scatter device to place craters on the terrain and it worked very well but my difficulty is- how can I randomly rotate the craters to produce some variation?  A similar rotation option would be great for rotating rocks placed on the terrain.
Guest Forum / Re: Preview window terrain VERY different from Build help
« Last post by WFab on October 09, 2017, 05:47:13 PM »
Erosion is heavily resolution dependent. That's why it looks different. Geological time enhancement just magnifies this disparity.

I usually check all my erosion nodes at final resolution periodically, to see if it looks the same at final resolution. Snow device is the worst.
Guest Forum / Re: Preview window terrain VERY different from Build help
« Last post by meshcarver69 on October 09, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »
Ok, after some testing I THINK it's due to having the Geological Time Enhancement ticked on..?

Can anyone confirm or otherwise please?

If so, then how do we use Geo Time Enhancement without it eroding AFTER the Build too please?

Thanks,

Marc
Guest Forum / Preview window terrain VERY different from Build help
« Last post by meshcarver69 on October 08, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »
Hi guys,

new here..!
I'm happy with how my landscapes are looking in the Overlay end node, but when I click Build it seems to really overly Erode or reduce the Terrain somewhat?

I've loaded in various other examples and this doesn't really happen at all... they're more or less what you see is what you get.

I've attached two images, one before and one after Build.

Could someone please explain where I might be going wrong as I've got a fairly simple setup as you can see.

Thanks for any help/advice..!

Regards,

Marc

PS- I posted in the General Forum too but apparently it's takes a long time for a Mod to ok the Posts?

PPS- I just added the EROSION SETTINGS shot too incase it helps..!

General Discussion / New to WM- help on Build look please
« Last post by meshcarver69 on October 08, 2017, 04:33:03 AM »
Hi guys,

new here..!
I'm happy with how my landscapes are looking in the Overlay end node, but when I click Build it seems to really overly Erode or reduce the Terrain somewhat?

I've loaded in various other examples and this doesn't really happen at all... they're more or less what you see is what you get.

I've attached two images, one before and one after Build.

Could someone please explain where I might be going wrong as I've got a fairly simple setup as you can see.

Thanks for any help/advice..!

Regards,

Marc
Thank you WFab I will.  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10