Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Island with SRTM data
« Last post by smb3d on June 13, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »
Use a  height selection to select just the flat floor. You could draw a mask in the layout generator that matches the shape of your island roughly and set the parameters so that it is higher in the island part and lower where the ocean is. Now use a combiner node to combine the two together using your height selector as a mask. You could subtract the layout generator from your original terrain. It will take some fiddling, but should be workable.
General Discussion / Re: erosion changing on file re-open
« Last post by smb3d on June 13, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
Can you check if the erosion seeds are the same? The erosion device also has a seed.

If it does change you can plug an integer into the seed of the erosion so it always stays the same

Plugging an interger into the seed worked like a charm even though the seed number was the same. This saved us for this project, thanks!!!  :lol:
Bug Reports and Help / Adding an Icon to a Macro
« Last post by jaf on June 11, 2017, 10:48:23 AM »
I was wondering if there's a way to add an icon to an existing macro?  Specifically, I wanted to add an icon to the "Rotate 90 Left" macro.  When I assign it to the toolbar, it's just a black square.
Geology and Terrain / Lakes and void fills
« Last post by zhar2 on June 04, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
Hello! seeing as WM is still living, today I purchased a new professional license! yay!

I am writing on the forum to ask a quick question, is there anyway of filling voids crated by noise or erosion to avoid voids that in real life would be filled by sediment or lakes?

Also is there a tutorial for using the new river tools? i find it looks amazing but I don't see much information on-line about using it.
Geology and Terrain / Re: Making realistic mountainous areas/mountain ranges
« Last post by Guus on June 03, 2017, 04:02:55 PM »
Thanks man. Going through them one by one now. Thanks for the tip!
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Combine 2 islands from separate layout generators
« Last post by ibyte on June 02, 2017, 03:17:23 PM »
Did you try a chooser?
Will there be any update for World machine to make Macros act as a mask instead of them affecting all the world, without acting as mask they are useless.
General Discussion / Re: Exporting maps for masks
« Last post by JakBB on June 02, 2017, 04:23:33 AM »
You use the normal height output, just like you would to export a normal heightmap
General Discussion / Re: Exporting maps for masks
« Last post by Vision4Next on June 02, 2017, 01:18:00 AM »
As far as I remember, you need a bitmap node connected, which provides a greyscale image.
General Discussion / Exporting maps for masks
« Last post by yossam1998 on June 01, 2017, 11:14:25 AM »
Could someone please point me in the direction of an explanation on how to export flow, and deposition maps as alphas to use for masks in Terragen. I can't seem to find any information on the subject. Thank you in advance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10