Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Script Input/Output Filenames
« Last post by hogjonny on May 10, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
You could theoretically use a language like python to script around the automation scripting?

- from heightmap input pool (folder)
- iterate through all heightmaps
-- for each:
--- copy heightmap from pool, overwrite the heightfield input file used in worldmachine
--- call to render output
--- call to move / rename output to a new location
General Discussion / Re: Automation Issues
« Last post by hogjonny on May 10, 2017, 12:26:58 PM »
I was wondering, if there was a way to specify in scripting to only render ONE specific tile?

I want a 4 x 4 world, but I want each of 16 machines to render a tile.
Geology and Terrain / Re: How to create realistic mountain ranges
« Last post by JakBB on May 10, 2017, 01:23:45 AM »
There is no real solution, just make sure you don't have inverse filter enabled and try to distort the whole terrain afterwards
Development News / Re: World machine 3.0 and geoglyph
« Last post by Vision4Next on May 10, 2017, 12:59:29 AM »
Does Geoglyph work with this newest Beta?
I'm delighted to see a new version again.
« Last post by WFab on May 09, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
World machine development has started again, 2 releases so far. Check out the development blog. http://www.world-machine.com/blog/
« Last post by Naima on May 09, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »
Still no news?
« Last post by Lieutenant-Dingo on May 09, 2017, 09:37:06 AM »
Under heavy erosion there are a lot of unrealistic axis aligned artifacts, there are too many straight erosion paths. How do I distort these? the erosion paths in the example height map were all bent in some way.
General Discussion / License/Legal Question
« Last post by Nomad_ on May 09, 2017, 06:53:48 AM »
Hi...just purchased the paid version of WM and love it. I have a quick question before i really dig in. Is there any licensing issue to use the terrains created from WM in projects for resale? Basically am i free to use what i create in world machine in my commercial projects. If so would that also include the use of some of the example terrains in my commercial projects? Just want to be sure before I proceed. Thanks
Bug Reports and Help / Mesh export doesn't match
« Last post by FlightCap on May 09, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »
Hi,
I'm relatively new to World Machine. I've gotten a bit of terrain that I'm now happy with as a base that I want to take into zBrush for some final tweaks (and possibly bring it back to World Machine for a final erosion pass), but I'm finding that the tiles I've exported as a mesh don't match what I see in World Machine. For one, it seems to be scaled vertically and two it there's a vague similarity but the broad height and shape of certain features don't seem to be one to one. I understand fine detail not being the same, but I'm a little confused as to why the big shapes are slightly different. Is there a trick I'm missing to get this out properly? Should I just export a heightmap and take that into zBrush? How do I guarantee that my terrain will come through correctly?
Thanks in advance!
-Ted
« Last post by JakBB on May 09, 2017, 04:19:54 AM »
That example has a bit too much branching going on, but something similar can be achieved by heavily eroding a terrain, to the point where it's almost flat, then clamping it to make it steep again, use that as a base mesh for further modifications
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]