Author Topic: 2.9.0.2 Available on the Dev Channel  (Read 3414 times)

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
2.9.0.2 Available on the Dev Channel
« on: November 06, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
This thread will contain a new reply every time a new version is posted. To update:

Visit the Upgrade Site:

http://update.world-machine.com/upgrade.php

It is a major release, and includes three new features:

• You can now set different devices to operate at different resolutions inside the same world.
  • You can choose the method of resampling for file inputs and/or when scaling resolutions;
       included methods include cubic and fractal methods.
  • Library Input and Library Output devices are included. These allow you to load and save
       many data packets at once; this is useful for multiple-stage worlds, libraries of textures, etc.

There are a couple example worlds that show the basics of using the multiple resolution support; but fuller details will be forthcoming. For how-to information on how to use these new features, I am going to mostly turn to another very-soon-to-be-released community feature: WM will soon have a wiki that is publicly editable for everyone to help out with workflows, methods, techniques, etc. It's a whole lot of work to get the wiki filled out, but eventually I would like to have the bulk of the device reference, etc moved to there. I will be starting with the new features just introduced, and going backwards from there. I hope to have the wiki online soon.

Also, note that files created with this branch will not be compatible with the release branch, as they contain new features.

Finally, I'm sure there will be bugs and issues, so please do report them in this forum as you find them! Your help makes World Machine better for everyone. And please, please do provide your feedback and ideas.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:39:07 PM by Remnant »
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Latest version: 2.9.0.1 Available on the Dev Channel
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 07:15:25 PM »
I've released 2.9.0.1 which is a quick followup release that patches a few issues found since 2.9.0 came out a few days ago!

It fixes the following:

FIXED - Library Out does not automatically add/correct the filetype
FIXED - Device groups within a Macro world are replaced by the groups belonging to the world outside the macro
FIXED - Macro devices do not report their correct "Streamed" resolution (as opposed to a direct setting of resolution on the macro). This does not effect the actual resolutions
FIXED - Flow Control devices do not report resolutions correctly, and may inadvertently force all of their inputs to the same resolution (which they should not do. however, setting a direct override SHOULD effect them.)
FIXED - Variable resolution inputs (such as the overlay view) should be rescaled if an override is directly applied
FIXED - GL view shouldn't report stale resolution when no packet selected
FIXED - Workview shouldn't let you set resolution on non-HF or RGB devices
-- Stephen Schmitt

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Latest version: 2.9.0.1 Available on the Dev Channel
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
I've released WM 2.9.0.2 which fixes the following bugs and adds a new feature:

New for Dev Branch:

- File Input device now reads the alpha channel information from files and will output on the 'Extents mask' output, if present.
 - Fixed a crash on world load error
 - Fixed a Library Input crash if the file referred to does not exist

Fixes from Release Channel (WM 2.3.6):

- Fixed display corruption issue with NVIDIA Quadro cards
 - Fixed issue with sizing slider in file input sometimes responding erratically
 - Fixed RGB PNG export failure for >2GB file sizes
 - Modified Project Settings dialog to allow you to set the render extent corners more logically (WM will no longer swap corners around)
 - Fixed linked sliders issue in Height Selector
 - Fixed layout boxes from WM 2.2 not importing correctly
 - Reverted command line console modification from previous that sometimes caused crashes when executing a script from the command line
 - Added metadata carry-through for PNG format
 - PDK: Added 'canonical' query methods for determining if your device should be considered the definitive version instead of a copy (useful for communicating with outside applications)
-- Stephen Schmitt