Author Topic: WM 3.0 Pro Version?  (Read 2137 times)

Onkelpoe

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
WM 3.0 Pro Version?
« on: August 26, 2014, 11:52:36 PM »
hi there,

I did not have enough time, to take a deeper look into the new version (shame on me) - but it will change, soon!
Now, in the DL section, there was just the dev3.0 release - will there also be a pro version of it?

I read something about a new "tiling" device... be have not found it right now.

IŽd have to use external apps, if I want to put some terrains together - (which is not be possible in WM2.3 non-pro.)
Terrains-edges will not match, no matter how good you are, when placing the extents.

So will the be some "device" that fixes this, or a pro version to buy?

Cheers!

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
Re: WM 3.0 Pro Version?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 12:08:21 PM »
Hi,

Either the Professional or Standard Edition will appear in the upgrade center depending on what you've purchased.

Exporting a terrain in a tiled export is a primary pro feature.

I think what you're referring to is a device that didn't quite make the cut for dev1, which I was indeed calling a "seamless tile device". This is not the best name -- I should probably call it a "Repeating Texture Maker" or something similar, as what it is meant to do is to create seamless terrains/textures. Idea being that you can create your material textures for applying to objects/etc in game, or to create a single map where you can wrap around and will not appear to have any borders.

I decided to hold it out because, frankly, it needs more work to be really useful. I wasn't fully satisfied with the current edge-blending algorithm, and decided it needed to be improved before release.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Onkelpoe

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: WM 3.0 Pro Version?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
Ah, ok - then I got it wrong, because of the name, hehehe.

Kind Regards