Author Topic: Input masks in Geoglyph  (Read 1878 times)

oli

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Input masks in Geoglyph
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »
Hi,
I am using Geoglyph 1.4 and most modifiers do not have an input mask connector, so I am not sure how to apply effects to only part of the heightmap. For example I am using a Geoglyph crater generator. I want to apply Geoglyph Sandstone only on the top of the crater, but without input mask connector, how can I do that?

oli

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Input masks in Geoglyph
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:25:32 AM »
Answering my own question in case it helps someone : I'm using a Combiner (in Average mode, value 1.0) node into which I am inputing the unmodified and the Geoglyph modified heightmap. Then the mask input of the Combiner can be used. See attached for an example.

OlaHaldor

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio / Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:52:13 AM »
I wonder if you might also be using a height selector to affect only the tops of the crater and apply to the mask. :)
Windows 10 Pro | i7 5960x | 128GB RAM | 2XGTX Titan

Xenobite

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:52:17 AM »
you can use anything as mask
height, slope, erosion, flow, deposition, layout generator, imported image, perlins, voronoi etc
and you can even apply other effects on these masks before you use them as masks

duke54

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 07:19:49 PM »
Thanks Oli. I just started using Geoglyph and you solved a problem before I even ran into it. That just saved me a lot of time :)