Author Topic: erosion changing on file re-open  (Read 529 times)

smb3d

• Community Member
    • View Profile
erosion changing on file re-open
« on: May 26, 2017, 10:18:39 AM »
Even though my advanced perlin seeds are the same, the erosion pattern changes if I close and re open the file. This is a huuuuge problem as I have to re export all my maps ever single time i open the file and as a result are different every time. I need sign off from a client and if there is one change to the terrain, it's a deal breaker.

The actual seed values are the same, is there some other thing changing? Is this a bug?

JakBB

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: erosion changing on file re-open
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 10:35:22 PM »
Can you check if the erosion seeds are the same? The erosion device also has a seed.

If it does change you can plug an integer into the seed of the erosion so it always stays the same

smb3d

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 11:59:22 AM »
The actual seed number is not changing but the erosion itself is not using the same seed number internally it appears. Even clicking in the box though it is disabled will change the appearance of the erosion.

I will try to hook up an integer and see if it helps anyways.

smb3d

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
Can you check if the erosion seeds are the same? The erosion device also has a seed.

If it does change you can plug an integer into the seed of the erosion so it always stays the same

Plugging an interger into the seed worked like a charm even though the seed number was the same. This saved us for this project, thanks!!!  :lol: