Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Development News / Re: Issue with poly reduction in Meshoutput
« Last post by WM_Moderator on Today at 03:35:20 PM »
Hi folks!

Known bug and we're working on it - crossing my fingers that it's in the next dev release. Will keep you informed!

-your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :)
Works in Progress / Re: Volcanic Island Terrain
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 22, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
Wow, excellent work! Thanks for sharing!
You can also use "channel splitter" device to split the channels into 3 separate masks. Easier to work once you's got things in black and white.
Guest Forum / Re: Sunglasses 3D Model suppliers
« Last post by Masterti on April 19, 2018, 11:54:11 PM »
Like I have long seen this issue. This is a good example. With this interesting debate again.
Guest Forum / Re: Huge world tiles
« Last post by Masterti on April 19, 2018, 11:50:45 PM »
I try to find people. The story is shared about the issues mentioned in the thread.
Finally got it working. So thought I would share it. Just used the Chooser Combiner device. I attached the File Generator PNG primary output into a Colour Selector, selected the relevant colour within the Colour Selector, then attached the output of the Colour Selector into the control C node of the Chooser Combiner, then attached a Colour Generator (with my field colour selected in the Colour Generator) into node B of Chooser Combiner and then attached the Landscape Heightfield output (in my case from the Erosion device primary output) into node A of the Chooser Combiner. It was all there in the "Creating Roads" tutorial all along, but a Mask Edge Fuzz macro and Select Heigh device was used instead of a Select Colour device. There may be an easier way to do it but this worked for me.
Hi. I am trying to add a texture/colour at a specific size, shape and location to my WM landscape from a PNG generated within GIMP/photo shop. I have drawn the shapes in GIMP and filled them with solid colour using only Red, Green & Blue. I can then import this PNG into WM using the File Generator and selecting the "interpret as RGB" option. Now all i want to do is assign different colours to each of the R, G & B channels in WM, and then drape/superimpose that colour onto the terrain within WM, as per the size, shape and location in the GIMP PNG file. However from here I have become pretty stuck. I have worked through the WM tutorials and searched YouTube, forums and everywhere in between, but with no luck. I suspect there is no info on this becasue it is so simple, but I cant seem to get it right.

Basically I just want to be able to draw custom solid colour shapes (RGB) within GIMP and then use them as a mask to drape a certain colour onto the WM terrain, as you can do in Unreal Editor.

(P.S. I know I can probably use the Layout Generator to create the custom shapes and apply colour according to that shape, but I need to create the shapes within GIMP/Photoshop as I am basing them off a satelite image, in order to get an accurate representation of the area I am trying to represent).

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Development News / Re: Issue with poly reduction in Meshoutput
« Last post by Edwardnut on April 17, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »
I have the same problem. What do I need to do to fix it? Can you tell me?
« Last post by Vision4Next on April 14, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »
I completely agree with WMFab. Nice work and using macros is certainly a good idea!
« Last post by WFab on April 14, 2018, 02:55:40 PM »
Looks beautiful! Great job there!

A simple tip about the complex graph, when your terrain is finished, do the coloring inside a macro. It would take slightly more time to set up and switch back and forth, but will be cleaner, more coherent, and reusable once finished. Even if you don't publish many parameters, it's still a ready to use "volcanic island coloring box", just plug in the masks!

Again, brilliant job here!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10