Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
WFab is right - I'll add that you can estimate the build time to see how things change as you increase and decrease the resolution. If you go to Project Settings, you can hit "Estimate Time to Build". Hope that helps!
Macros and Plugins / Scottish Peaks Overlay
« Last post by honjol on April 29, 2018, 08:01:37 AM »
Does anyone have an example or could add a screen of an exmaple of this macro working with a file input for the heightmap? No matter how I edit the parameters it does not affect my landscape at all.
That's natural. The simulation nodes like erosion, thermal erosion, snow simulate nature's forces on your terrain. Takes a lot of time, computing power, and memory to accomplish.
Like the description says, for some reason the startup.tmd builds abnormally long, the erosion node to be specific. At 2049x2049 the build took 3m33s, and just to check i went and built the Grand Canyon example at its default 1022x2049 and it took 1m8s. Is their something i need to check or configure?
Hi Adam!

Try using the terrace device with the method set to "simple" and the number of terraces set to 100 (or whatever the  number of rounding spots you want). That's what it's intended to do - let me know if that works!

- Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :)
General Discussion / Re: is there an alternative to the Equaliser node
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Try this - in the Equalizer, capture a sample. That will remove the warning about tiled builds because it will make the equalizer do the same thing on every tile. Let me know if that works!

- WM Forum Moderator Elf :)
Hi MBVFXSup!

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions and for the kudos on the Mailbox Peak release; so glad you're enjoying it!

Check out the latest dev release, released yesterday! It includes your file name template suggestion. For the rest, stay tuned. :)

- WM Forum Moderator
Feature Requests / Re: Normal node view panning
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »
Hi Rawalanche!

Thanks for the great feedback - didn't realize this was so frustrating! I know the movement you're talking about and it's never really bothered us here, so we will make sure it is fixed in the next release. If there's anything else that drives you nuts, just let me know here and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!
Good news!  Go to preferences and user interface in the latest dev release (just released yesterday!) and you will now have the option to select how you want that left-mouse click to operate. Hope that helps, enjoy the new release!

Bug Reports and Help / Re: Slope selector wrong angle
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
Hi again posfan12 - this one is also in the latest dev release! Enjoy! :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10