Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / what is world machine The workflow in the movie
« Last post by TrojanFD on February 12, 2018, 08:15:22 PM »
I want to ask,what is world machine The workflow in the movie,Can i put the Mountain model  near the camera?
General Discussion / Re: New tutorials out
« Last post by WFab on February 12, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
Lol! No worries, most of us have your website bookmarked anyway! :)
General Discussion / Re: New tutorials out
« Last post by geekatplay on February 12, 2018, 09:08:04 AM »
New tutorials unlocked, free to watch at www.geekaptlay.com and youtube channel

That geekatplay link is incorrect. The spelling needs correction.
My fat fingers, thank you. Fixed
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Large tiled UE4 Import bad
« Last post by Arctura on February 08, 2018, 09:47:12 PM »
Note that your BUILD RESOLUTION is critical, if you scale the terrain in UE at 100 x 100, it will assume 1m/pixel, and if you export from WM in 383m/pixel, this will make the terrain very small so you will have to increase the scale in UE a lot. A terrain at 383m/pixel in UE would not be very nice looking while close to the ground and be hard to sculpt for such use. To compare, Skyrim, from 2011, used 45cm/pixel if I remember correctly.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Cleaning up SRTM Data + Adding some noise
« Last post by Arctura on February 08, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »
Sorry to necro but how did you get a slope around the sea floor that you dropped? I have dropped mine 30m and tried to erode the surrounding vertical drops, never get anything but the very bottom of them to slope.

Regarding your seafloor features, I think you have to rise the entire world so that your very lowest point is 0 and water level is +20m or whatever you picked.
The one that worked best for me was wm3011. However, geoglyph 2 works with 3018 flawlessly too, just a slower to respond on my PC. For serious production, I don't use geoglyph yet, just have more control with wm vanilla. I do use it heavily for my personal projects.
Geology and Terrain / How to add hills between mountains??
« Last post by wetblue13 on February 07, 2018, 08:34:55 PM »
So ive been messing with world machine for quite a while, and the trouble part i feel is that between mountains (Layout generator drew them) feels to empty and flat. I have an advance perlin as well. (Plugged my layout gen into the AP) People said combine them and others said mask. But either way it doesnt work. I also want to have different heights in different areas of the map.

As you can see here i have my mountains but between them they are just kind of flat (As in the fall off is good but not hilly).
https://i.imgur.com/eoLi9lG.jpg

How would i set it up in this?
https://i.imgur.com/vSMoh18.jpg

To look something like this:
https://i.imgur.com/3dwvoOH.jpg

If you watch from the heli you can see the difference in heights of the map between hills/mountians. How could i achieve this as well?
Feature Requests / Option for left-mouse to default to box-select instead of pan
« Last post by mattnava on February 06, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »
Hi, congratulations on the release of Mailbox Peak! Its great! One small request:

The default left-mouse drag action is now panning instead of box-select. I actually much preferred the old behavior of the default left mouse drag action being box select, as right-click dragging already covers panning. This old behavior relieves basic selection and panning from requiring keyboard buttons. It seems trivial to include a checkbox option to switch between the two behaviors.

Thanks!

Matt Nava
I am only concerned with devs using world machine in production.  For stability, I have been using Version Build 2.37 with geoglyph2.  However there are some real good updates in developer versions of World Machine that I want to use.  I am currently testing Version build 3.0.18 and using the World Machine interface instead of Geoglyphs.
Plugin Development Forum / Re: 3.0.dev1 PDK Available (8/21/14)
« Last post by Midge on February 05, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »
Great news ! Thank you.
I'll try to have a look as soon as possible.

Keep it up !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10