Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Can't see mesh in preview window
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
Hi posfan12! Check out the latest dev release, just came out yesterday. Changing the units in the mesh output should no longer impact the views. Give it a shot and let me know! :)

- Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :D
Feature Requests / Normal node view panning
« Last post by Rawalanche on April 26, 2018, 02:10:27 AM »
Hello,

I am seeing that new WorldMachine builds are focusing on usability. I've been using WorldMachine at work for years, and now, after a while of not using it, I've decided to buy myself one personal licence.

I was quite disappointed to see same old bugs not resolved for years. So my first request would be if we could get a normal node view panning like in any other software.

Currently, when I right click node view to pan it, it has this really weird jerky motion that often stops in the middle of panning. It's some very imprecise sort of acceleration. I would love to see regular view panning that's 1:1 with mouse cursor movement, because such elementary things as view navigation should always work flawlessly.

Thank you

EDIT:

So it appears there's a threshold for cursor movement speed under which panning stops. No one ever moves their cursor at a robotic consistent speed. This bug/feature really needs to be removed. I can't describe the amount of infuriating frustration this causes me every time I have to interact with WorldMachine :(
Development News / Re: Issue with poly reduction in Meshoutput
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 25, 2018, 05:39:25 PM »
New dev release out aaaaaaand... this is fixed! Feel free to download the latest version and check it out. Yay! :)
I am using the line tool in layout generator to carve roads and rivers into my terrain. However I can only have one profile per line. So all vertices on the line share the same profile.

Is there a way to have a custom profile for a specific vertex? Roads and rivers naturally widen and narrow, become deeper and more shallow and generally change shape as they move along a landscape. It would be great if you could replicate this in World Machine. I know I can add a fractal to break up the shape but doesn't really give great results and you cannot fine tune a profile at a specific point.
Geology and Terrain / Re: How to add hills between mountains??
« Last post by Vicenter on April 23, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
I think the knowledge gained this time is very important because I am looking for.
Development News / Re: Issue with poly reduction in Meshoutput
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 23, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
Hi folks!

Known bug and we're working on it - crossing my fingers that it's in the next dev release. Will keep you informed!

-your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :)
Works in Progress / Re: Volcanic Island Terrain
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 22, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
Wow, excellent work! Thanks for sharing!
You can also use "channel splitter" device to split the channels into 3 separate masks. Easier to work once you's got things in black and white.
Guest Forum / Re: Sunglasses 3D Model suppliers
« Last post by Masterti on April 19, 2018, 11:54:11 PM »
Like I have long seen this issue. This is a good example. With this interesting debate again.
Guest Forum / Re: Huge world tiles
« Last post by Masterti on April 19, 2018, 11:50:45 PM »
I try to find people. The story is shared about the issues mentioned in the thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10