Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Hello,

I am not sure if anyone else here has encountered the same problem in the latest World Machine Build 3023 Mt.Daniel, where we are unable to save out Conserve Memory property together with tmd. So we are simply out of memory for rendering large size of terrain. We also tried toggle conserve memory while tweaking other parameters on project settings, however the most of parameters are saved properly except the property of conserve memory. We also want to try toggle on conserve memory in automation script but no clue what is the proper syntax on tms.

Sounds like a minor issue, however it blocks us from rendering large terrain.

Not sure if there is a workaround, or could be a bug needs to be fixed.
Bug Reports and Help / Win Crashed during world load, now WM hangs on startup
« Last post by davidroberson on September 27, 2018, 11:20:07 PM »
I was working with a 2.5G mesh from WM in another app, and was opening WM to generate a smaller mesh when Windows crashed. On reboot, I tried to resume work but WM keeps becoming unresponsive whether I let it try to recover the session or not.

I deleted the session file, and even tried to open a different file from Explorer, hoping to bypass the problem, but still no luck. I looked for similar issues on the forum, and followed the suggestion of clearing out my roaming directory, but that only restored the previous version of WM (which apparently was still there). I'm still getting the same response on startup, and if I choose an option, it becomes unresponsive again. What can I do to get WM past this, or at the minimum, load the default start file again?
Bug Reports and Help / Re: SRTM Seafloor
« Last post by kris392001 on September 27, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me, I've only just had the chance to start looking at this again.

And sadly, I'm still not getting it. I can raise the seafloor from anwhere between 0 and 150m but I can't get a slope.

I've uploaded a diagram and the project in the hope that you can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Feature Requests / PNG compression option
« Last post by jshort on September 26, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »
I'd like to be able to save/export PNG files without compression, since I'm not bothered about file size but am bothered about how long my compiler takes to decompress the files I've exported.
Guest Forum / How to export complete image
« Last post by Maurice on September 26, 2018, 12:51:44 AM »
I have a simple terrain that I'd like to export in it's best quality.  The output is for print.

The Preview windows for Height Output View & Overlay Views look amazing (full colour, high resolution, etc).  I'd like to export that as a TIF

The preview window for Bitmap Image is blury (lacks detail).

So, how can I export an image from what I'm seeing in the height or overlay views?  Currently, if I export height map, I obviously just get a greyscale height map.
General Discussion / Import into UE4 / unreal using world composition
« Last post by catdsnny on September 23, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
All exported tiled terrains import with large negative Z values.  Tried setting the base height and maximum height to many different values  (0/512, -512/512, 0/2048, etc).  All tiled exports to R16 result in the base terrain around -26000 Z.

What's worse UE4 does not allow for height adjustment in world composition.

Exporting to a single landscape and then adjusting the height works fine.  However I am working on a large tiled landscape so that is not an option.

Anyone have hints for settings to use to get the world to appear at Z 0?  Procedural landscape stuff doesnt work with large negative Z, for example, and lighting is screwed.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Automation Error
« Last post by butters9637 on September 19, 2018, 03:21:45 AM »
hi, I've got caught by the same problem and google it find out i am not alone.
I tried new version 3.0, the problem doesn't go away.
I think probably it has something to do with the state of OS since I also find out it does not happen to some people.
eventually I write a Python script to run the automation, it works fine.  hope this can be helpful.
« Last post by WFab on September 16, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »
Thanks, that raises the flat seafloor to the level of the coast unless I'm missing something.

What I'm trying to do is a apply a gradient/slope from the coast level (140m) down to the current seafloor (0m) at a distance from the coast (500m?

Perhaps there is something I could do with blur and a mask.

You are indeed missing the next step. What I did here is to raise the floor to a natural level, so the transition is smooth, and then subtract an inverted seafloor terrain from that flat plane, which will scoop out the excess mass from the flat box, making it look realistically dipping. Then you can tweak that inverted seafloor terrain to your heart's content non-destructively.
« Last post by kris392001 on September 15, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
Thanks, that raises the flat seafloor to the level of the coast unless I'm missing something.

What I'm trying to do is a apply a gradient/slope from the coast level (140m) down to the current seafloor (0m) at a distance from the coast (500m?

Perhaps there is something I could do with blur and a mask.
« Last post by WFab on September 15, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
Combine a "constant" with the terrain, set combiner to "max" mode. Then set preview to the combiner, and then raise the constant height until the land is level at the beach. Next you can select this area using a "Height selector" on the original unmodified terrain (use height=0), and the use it as a mask when you combine the previous terrain with your "seafloor" terrain "inverted", use the "subtract" mode in this combiner.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10