Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Bug Reports and Help / How to lower certain parts of a layout in layout generator.
« Last post by Zonen on May 20, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
So I'm still very new to World Machine, but I've been working on a landscape for a team using World Machine Pro, they already have a drawn map so I've used the map and layout generators to make each piece of land.  problem I'm running into is that part of the land is higher, other parts are lower, with a waterfall feature in the center. You can see it in the attachment, the map has a waterfall area, and parts of the land are lower.  How do I get that layout to lower in certain areas to water level while keeping a high cliff in other spots?  Thanks for any help.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: archipelago
« Last post by WM_Moderator on May 19, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »
Hey there,

What sort of detail are you trying to add? Is it detail from a perlin noise generator, or are you manually drawing shapes in the layout tool, or something else? Do you have a screenshot you could share of the problem?  Hopefully we can help once we have more details. Thanks!

- WM Moderator :)
Awesome!! So glad that's helpful - and the Maya-style camera control has been awesome to use internally here at WM, too! I get why people were requesting it. :D
General Discussion / Computation, type casting
« Last post by Settius on May 19, 2018, 07:49:45 AM »
Hello,

Is is possible to make operation (add, multiply, divide, subtract) on large numbers (variables) and then feed specific parameters into functions (possible to change variable type in the process i.e. float into distance, integer)?
Oh my god thank you so much! This is wonderful. This really made my day! And thank you sooo much for the maya style camera control in the viewport. Awesome update  :D
Bug Reports and Help / archipelago
« Last post by Rmussell on May 14, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »
Is there anyone available to  assist me in the beginning stages of creating an archipelago style map? My issues arise when I try and add detail to certain medium sized islands, and the details I try to add cannot appear when I scale them according to my island size, and when I leave them be in the layout generator they far out scale the size of my island. The only workaround I have found is raising the size of the map, however this causes resolution issues when importing into Unreal Engine.

Feel free to email me if you are willing to help, have a nice day
email: [email protected]
Guest Forum / Two faced mountain
« Last post by Mitch on May 14, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »
Not sure if I can explain this properly but I'm wondering how to create a mountain ridge with one side of the mountain being apart of a Mesa and the other half just a regular looking mountain, I could use the Terrace tool with a mask, but was hoping to do something more similar to editing a Layout Generators polygon/line profile curve to be more like a mesa.
General Discussion / Re: How to Zero edges in World Machine for an imported terrain
« Last post by WFab on May 12, 2018, 12:11:37 AM »
Plug a "Radial gradient" generator into mask input of "file input", the one that you use to import the original terrain. Use radial gradient to adjust the influence or shape of zero edge.
General Discussion / How to Zero edges in World Machine for an imported terrain
« Last post by lookdev on May 11, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
In Vue when I import a terrain I have the option to click on Zero edges, this lowers all the edges of the terrain and helps integrate it in the environment. I want to skip this step and do it inside World Machine. Any idea how to zero edges of an imported terrain in World Machine?
Hi, building time generally releated to your CPU processing power and number of cpu cores.
I have a AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (eight core) and Grand Canyon example took 13 second.

WM definitely needs to handle the erosion calculations on the GPU. But this definitely complex engineering work. I do not think it will be in the near future.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]