Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / A little help would be great :) Main extent Close Up
« Last post by Lio on June 07, 2018, 02:03:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

First of all a big thanks for this forum and all informations :D.

I am currently facing a problem with what I would like to do :
My terrain is a valley , and will be used in a movie production as a base for modelisation artists. So I created an output obj. mesh for them, and it's work fine.
But the problem, is when I reduce the main extent to smaller zone, the obj. mesh is different. I can see that the smaller part doesn't really match with the whole valley in Maya.
It seems that the erosion node create some variations and the volume are changing :shock:.
Is there a way to fix that ?
( I put an image in attachement to make it clear)
Thanks for reading and have a good day ( or night).

Lio
Guest Forum / Close up in Layout View
« Last post by Lio on June 06, 2018, 05:11:59 AM »
Hi everyone,

My terrain is a valley of 20km x 10 km, and will be used in a movie production as a base for modelisation artists. So I created a obj. mesh for them, and it's work fine.
But the problem, is when I reduce the main extent to smaller zone 7km x 6 km the obj. mesh is different. I can see that the smaller part doesn't really match with the valley in Maya.
It seems that the erosion node create some variation and the volume are changing :shock:.

Lio
Announcements and News / Re: World Machine 2.3 Now Available
« Last post by Huttagran on June 05, 2018, 03:28:36 AM »
Where can I buy Earth Machine 2.3?
Guest Forum / Re: Can i import existing Terrain model into WM and Modified em ?
« Last post by Huttagran on June 05, 2018, 03:26:53 AM »
I was wondering about this as well.
Guest Forum / Close up in layout View
« Last post by Lio on June 05, 2018, 01:56:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

My terrain is a valley of 20km x 10 km, and will be used in a movie production as a base for modelisation artists. So I created a obj. mesh for them, and it's work fine.
But the problem, is when I reduce the main extent to smaller zone 7km x 6 km the obj. mesh is different. I can see that the smaller part doesn't really match with the valley in Maya.
It seems that the erosion node create some variation and the volume are changing :shock:.

Lio
our terrain alone with the architecture.
I am a general layout engineer , recently i have been thinking create some realistic terrain models to match them up with our company's architecture model . I have already get some basic terrain models(format:OBJ),here is the goals i want to achive:
  1,import the existing models i've got into WM And just create some details on them(erosion fractal  etc..)while maintaining the general shape the same(this is a civil engineering project , so i must respect the real world :()
  2,create textures on them.
Here is some experimental models i create
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Build resolution not square
« Last post by Hepcat on June 02, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
I figured it out, the Width/Height in location were't the same so it was adjusting to that.
Bug Reports and Help / Build resolution not square
« Last post by Hepcat on May 31, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
In the example Island Chain.tmd the resolution won't square to 4096x4096  If you turn in down to 512x512 it's square and as it goes higher the second number falls below the first and can't be set manually.  Am I doing something wrong?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10