Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Geology and Terrain / Re: Islands?
« Last post by wannaxaxa on November 09, 2018, 01:01:33 AM »
Mask your terrains with a layout input, and in the layout node create a circle with breakup enabled (for variation), and adjust your falloff as needed.  You should get a nice terrain with the edges blending out to water, and a landmass in the center.

Alternatively, start off with an advanced perlin node, change the noise to billows, and adjust your terrain height down until only the tips of the billows are above 0.  That should give you several randomly placed 'islands' to start off with.
Guest Forum / Re: Ease of 3D printing
« Last post by WFab on November 08, 2018, 12:05:18 PM »
It's always a single layer when it comes to procedural modelling programs. You'll have to do manual work for 3d printing. However, I find it's very easy, especially with blender.
Guest Forum / Ease of 3D printing
« Last post by Vance.g on November 05, 2018, 07:13:32 AM »
Iím interested in utilizing this program to make 3D mapping terrain. Iím not in a place to be able to download the program to try it until the end of the week and was wondering whatís the ease at which you can export your finished model into a printable format. Printing flat planes incur a lot of post model work and was wondering if the export is a single layer or can be flat bottomed tiles?

Thanks
General Discussion / Re: How does WM compress weight maps?
« Last post by johan on November 04, 2018, 01:59:43 AM »
No one?
General Discussion / Re: Combining two world machine tiles in Maya / UE4
« Last post by ArtfulDodger on November 01, 2018, 01:54:52 PM »
Hey just off the top of my head.  You could either export both height maps or meshes from WM into zBrush, put them on the same layer and zRemesh / Dynamesh them together.  Export the now combined two meshes back into WM via a File input node.  At this point you have both original maps combined into one terrain, but youíll have to work on the detail of the seam you connected in zBrush.  Iím sorry if this is totally off, but good luck otherwise l.
General Discussion / Re: Make Edges match each other? Seamless terrain
« Last post by johan on November 01, 2018, 09:57:39 AM »
I would probably export a piece of terrain to Zbrush and make some custom brushes and kit-bash those via alpha's on a sphere.
General Discussion / Re: Import into UE4 / unreal using world composition
« Last post by johan on October 31, 2018, 08:04:40 PM »
You can change the Z value. If i remember correctly, you need to select the landscape actor that is being created, not the the proxy's them self. If the values are greyed out you need to right-click on the landscape actor and ''unlock transform''. now you can change the height.
I suggest you look through the forum contents first. Dig deep to find what info you're looking for.

I don't understand what you mean by "quality of world machine" here. I assume you mean terrain quality? I've found world machine to be most flexible when it comes to terrain quality. World creator has it's perks, but nowhere close when it comes to final quality of the terrain features. World machine just requires you to learn the workings of nodes better. You can never go back to layers once you tame the nodes!

I'd like to know more about your workflow. What kind of pipeline you have? What is your worldmachine version, and edition? What resolution are you working on? What kind of terrain effects you feel are missing in world machine compared to world creator?

If you like to talk more freely, I'd like to invite you to the world machine software group https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldmachine.software on facebook. Do let me know your facebook name first, pm if you like.

I assume you're still on build 2.3.7 or earlier? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Upgrade to the latest development build. This issue has been fixed.
2. If you don't want to or can't upgrade, disable "geological time enhancement" in the "erosion" device. Try doing the erosion brute force instead.
Guest Forum / Re: WM indie, resolution limited by memory
« Last post by JavaJones on October 31, 2018, 02:09:24 PM »
RAM/system memory. WM does not use the GPU for calculation.

- Oshyan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10