Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Development News / Re: World machine 3.0 and geoglyph
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 16, 2017, 10:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the link, but every now and then a new tool arrives and most of them disappear again soon. That's really annoying.
I really wish there was more stability in that sector.
« Last post by motorsep on October 16, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »
There is a new tool for terrain generation and weathering: http://www.wysilab.com/

I haven't messed with it yet, but sounds promising.
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 15, 2017, 04:21:15 AM »
I have similar issues. There are some problems with 3015/3016. There are things missing.
It works well with 2.x Pro.

Hopefully Geoglyph will get another update, as Tor is still in beta and no alternative so far.
« Last post by Consue on October 15, 2017, 02:52:51 AM »

I have 3016 Pro now and wonder if Geoglyph 2 was updated to this version as well. I will need a lot of terrains for a personal project in Fall 2017 and wonder about the future of Geoglyph 2, as now Tor starts to come up and I don't want to invest into another dead software.

My primary application is Cinema 4D with Vray and the heightfield worked quite well together with splatter maps for materials and plants and color maps as well. Nevertheless Geoglyph 2 seems to be able to do much more and in a smoother and easier way.

Geoglyph is still under active development, not dead so far. New export formats coming with the next update, including EXR. 3016 is supported too, as far as I know. I don't have the latest build, so I can't check. I'll get back to you on that.
I Updated from 15 to 16, the macros and devises broke I guess GG isnt that good at forward compatibility
Guest Forum / Re: Help making large island for new person
« Last post by Consue on October 15, 2017, 02:46:18 AM »
Most of GeekatPlay vids become free after a certain time
General Discussion / Re: Create small pieces of land
« Last post by Sunset on October 13, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »
Thank for reply.
I think an other way, like make a larger terrain like 1 km and use smaller extend  size to export the pieces i want do you think that will work ?
Guest Forum / Re: Multiple high color maps over large tiles? Is it possibile?
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 13, 2017, 10:34:41 AM »
This looks really good!
Development News / Re: Dev Silent in Forum and Blog
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 13, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
I really wonder about his strategy. Maybe it would be better, if he gives the program into someone else's hands.
General Discussion / Re: Create small pieces of land
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 13, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »
Depends on what you want. Maybe it's better to make it in meter and then scale the mesh by 1,000.
General Discussion / Create small pieces of land
« Last post by Sunset on October 13, 2017, 10:18:38 AM »
Hi
Is it possible to use centimeter to create small pieces of land?
Let say want to make a small ocean rift about 100 meter long and 50 meter large by 2 meter up.
I dont need height map, I want to export it as a mesh.
Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10