Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Macros and Plugins / Re: TeTo : The Texturing Toolbox!
« Last post by WFab on January 18, 2019, 11:26:26 PM »
1. Where did it say that it's open source?
2. The author of this macro has a free tutorial on youtube, explaining the exact technique used to create this macro. It's just that the neat settings and presets make it easier to use, without visiting photoshop to create gradients as would be the case otherwise. I'll see if I can dig up the link to that video for you.
3. Good luck with the refund! Also, remember to ask for return from world machine llc as well, since they never told you how wm works internally. And your phone manufacturer! And for everything proprietary you use!

Cheers!
Macros and Plugins / Re: TeTo : The Texturing Toolbox!
« Last post by ForceVFX on January 18, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
LOCKED MACRO..for me its WORTHLESS..didn't learn ANYTHING, and I should request a refund from paypal, FOR NOT DISCLOSING THAT FACT. its world machine, we all use the same tool sets..
Geology and Terrain / Re: how to make rolling plains or small hills?
« Last post by unntofas on January 15, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
Use the curve node to introduce some flat areas to some basic noise (or generator of your choice).
I agree with this opinion.
Guest Forum / Re: overlay view doesn´t work
« Last post by unntofas on January 15, 2019, 11:00:15 PM »
I think the answer is very relevant.
Bug Reports and Help / Erosion vectorfield map
« Last post by mathieu on January 06, 2019, 10:36:42 AM »
Hello,
I remember WM could export a sort of flow direction vectormap in RGB after erosion node. Is this still avaible ? I did not see any kinf of this feature in the last builds.

Best regards.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Profound Problem with New WM Builds
« Last post by ctwiese on December 27, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
An update to this issue...

A recent start of my old WM build (3023) and new download (3024) showed the same problem.

This time, I went into my preferences and changed the value of the "3D Interactive View" from the default of 2048 to 1024.

Problem solved.

Weird. I'm using a new gen nVidia P4000 card...

Now, I'll find out how this impacts my workflow.
Guest Forum / Re: overlay view doesn´t work
« Last post by Robaggio on December 24, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
I think so
Guest Forum / Re: Huge world tiles
« Last post by Robaggio on December 24, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »
I'm looking for a way too.
There are 3 major types of nodes you'll encounter with a simple terrain network. "Generators", "filters", and "outputs". The general concept you follow while creating a network:

Generate-->filter-->output.

1. The data you manipulate in world machine, underneath it all, is "heightfields". It's just grayscale 2D image data. The terrain you see in the viewport, is a flat plane, with an image applied on it as a "displacement map". All you do in world machine, is "create and manipulate" that displacement image.
2. Generators "create the image". You can either use "noises" to procedurally generate it, or import premade maps from your disk using "file inputs". You can also draw basic shapes and gradients through these nodes.
3. Filters "operate on the data that is generated by the generators". You can manipulate the data through a range of mathematical operations, or "natural filters" like "erosion". Natural filters simplify the geological processes which would otherwise be a headache to recreate in 3d.
4. "Output" nodes do exactly that, output the final displacement map etc. You can choose the type of data to output using these nodes. Commonly used ones are "height", "bitmap", "mesh".

5. There are a plenty of nodes besides these 3 types, like "combiner", "chooser", "selectors", and "converters". These help you further manipulate your displacement data. I just didn't include them as they will further complicate the "easy" paradigm I'm trying to present here. Once you get the hang first 4 points here, you can easily follow the tutorials.

I'll be following this thread, so you may ask any more questions you have. Make sure you open a simple "example terrain" in your world machine while you read this, it would make it easier to visualize.
This makes a ton of sense actually. It is the exact answer I needed. I will try thinking and simplify my workflow in between those  few aspects, at least until I get better. Thank you !
General Discussion / Re: [Need Advice] Understanding the logic of building with nodes?
« Last post by WFab on December 22, 2018, 10:48:39 AM »
There are 3 major types of nodes you'll encounter with a simple terrain network. "Generators", "filters", and "outputs". The general concept you follow while creating a network:

Generate-->filter-->output.

1. The data you manipulate in world machine, underneath it all, is "heightfields". It's just grayscale 2D image data. The terrain you see in the viewport, is a flat plane, with an image applied on it as a "displacement map". All you do in world machine, is "create and manipulate" that displacement image.
2. Generators "create the image". You can either use "noises" to procedurally generate it, or import premade maps from your disk using "file inputs". You can also draw basic shapes and gradients through these nodes.
3. Filters "operate on the data that is generated by the generators". You can manipulate the data through a range of mathematical operations, or "natural filters" like "erosion". Natural filters simplify the geological processes which would otherwise be a headache to recreate in 3d.
4. "Output" nodes do exactly that, output the final displacement map etc. You can choose the type of data to output using these nodes. Commonly used ones are "height", "bitmap", "mesh".

5. There are a plenty of nodes besides these 3 types, like "combiner", "chooser", "selectors", and "converters". These help you further manipulate your displacement data. I just didn't include them as they will further complicate the "easy" paradigm I'm trying to present here. Once you get the hang first 4 points here, you can easily follow the tutorials.

I'll be following this thread, so you may ask any more questions you have. Make sure you open a simple "example terrain" in your world machine while you read this, it would make it easier to visualize.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10