Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Guest Forum / Re: WM indie, resolution limited by memory
« Last post by kardigans on October 30, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
Means "no paging"
General Discussion / How does WM compress weight maps?
« Last post by johan on October 30, 2018, 05:52:34 PM »
Hi, i needed to edit some of the weight maps in Photoshop, i then exported them to 8bit grey scale, however they are still double the total bits and file size when i check the details of the image in windows.  :?

This is the original image from WM. https://image.prntscr.com/image/KvYWn0U8QUazI_2RpziRgw.png

and this is the edited one from PS, exported at 8bit greyscale. https://image.prntscr.com/image/u1Xo-J4ESea5CtI-Kp0mTg.png
Guest Forum / Extremely large world, but with targetted LOD?
« Last post by Wes on October 30, 2018, 12:51:20 PM »
Hi all! Quick question about your lovely software.

I'm a Unity developer in the market for a large-scale world generation system for a railroad-based project. I'd love to have a world in the scale of 500-1,000 km square (that is, 500x500km or 1,000x1,000km), with something like 2-3m detail resolution in the viscinity of the railroad (the 'playable area'), but then large swathes of very low-resolution wherever the railroad track isn't. The high-detail cells would be used for gameplay, and the low-detail cells would serve only for rendering a map of the world in the UI.

I could see something like a world separated into 128x128 cells, and those tiles ranging between 16x16 and 2048x2048 resolution, depending on whether they are close to the railroad or not.

Something like this, with black being 'low res' and white/blue being 'high res' along the railroad line:

(The numbers I suggested here are very rough; I haven't actually calculated how much real estate it would take to pull off this kind of system, nor how much rail line I'm going to be able to lay down on this 'continent.') The creative process would probably involve generating a low-detail map first, then determining where rail lines will be laid (based on terrain features), and then doing a second pass to generate high-detail versions of the tiles that are near the rail.

Does this general concept sound like something WorldMachine would be suited to, or perhaps already have resources for pulling off? (And if not, any clever ideas?)

Thank you very much!

Wes
Bug Reports and Help / Re: unresolved support ticket
« Last post by zhar2 on October 27, 2018, 04:02:14 AM »
Im so annoyed by the lack of any official support, c'mon!!!
Thanks for the support.  :)

The issue has been fixed on build 3024 released on dev channel.
Bug Reports and Help / unresolved support ticket
« Last post by zhar2 on October 18, 2018, 11:09:08 AM »
I set up a support ticket and only had one message asking for more details, I replied and it been over a month since I've heard anything back, it's really insane!!!
can an admin please help me with my ticket #101520.
Guest Forum / looking for World Machine pro
« Last post by Carla on October 18, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »
Hi All, looking for a world machine expert to help us create some landscapes for a few weeks.
Would be great to be connected here :)
Thanks !
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Profound Problem with New WM Builds
« Last post by ctwiese on October 10, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »
Some apps have really terrible performance across the board with Quadro cards unless a particular setting/preset is used in the drivers. It's an odd and mysterious issue. Not sure if WM is one of the affected apps (as of newer versions anyway), but try going into your Nvidia Control Panel and from the Manage 3D Settings area select "3D App - Video Editing" as a Global Setting, then click Restore.

- Oshyan

Thank you, Oshyan, I'm behind in my testing (we are at last rebuilding our house after the Houston Harvey floods).

But, this is worth a try. I had selected the 3D applications preset  for my card and I do recall a couple of options were deselected as part of the preset.
The hunt is on.
Snipe for dinner anyone?
« Last post by JavaJones on October 10, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
Some apps have really terrible performance across the board with Quadro cards unless a particular setting/preset is used in the drivers. It's an odd and mysterious issue. Not sure if WM is one of the affected apps (as of newer versions anyway), but try going into your Nvidia Control Panel and from the Manage 3D Settings area select "3D App - Video Editing" as a Global Setting, then click Restore.

- Oshyan
« Last post by ctwiese on October 09, 2018, 07:59:12 PM »
Wow, zero to desperate in 3 posts. That's got to be some kind of record.

Thank you for the suggestions, I will give a go at that tomorrow and report.

For completeness...

I have a nVidia P4000 installed in a Win 10/64 dell workstation.
The driver number is: 23.21.13.9125
Dated March 2018...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10