Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: is there an alternative to the Equaliser node
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:41:09 PM »
Try this - in the Equalizer, capture a sample. That will remove the warning about tiled builds because it will make the equalizer do the same thing on every tile. Let me know if that works!

- WM Forum Moderator Elf :)
Hi MBVFXSup!

Thanks for all the awesome suggestions and for the kudos on the Mailbox Peak release; so glad you're enjoying it!

Check out the latest dev release, released yesterday! It includes your file name template suggestion. For the rest, stay tuned. :)

- WM Forum Moderator
Feature Requests / Re: Normal node view panning
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:27:45 PM »
Hi Rawalanche!

Thanks for the great feedback - didn't realize this was so frustrating! I know the movement you're talking about and it's never really bothered us here, so we will make sure it is fixed in the next release. If there's anything else that drives you nuts, just let me know here and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks again!
- Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :)
Good news!  Go to preferences and user interface in the latest dev release (just released yesterday!) and you will now have the option to select how you want that left-mouse click to operate. Hope that helps, enjoy the new release!

- Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :)
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Slope selector wrong angle
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:19:47 PM »
Hi again posfan12 - this one is also in the latest dev release! Enjoy! :)
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Can't see mesh in preview window
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 26, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
Hi posfan12! Check out the latest dev release, just came out yesterday. Changing the units in the mesh output should no longer impact the views. Give it a shot and let me know! :)

- Your friendly neighborhood forum moderator :D
Feature Requests / Normal node view panning
« Last post by Rawalanche on April 26, 2018, 02:10:27 AM »
Hello,

I am seeing that new WorldMachine builds are focusing on usability. I've been using WorldMachine at work for years, and now, after a while of not using it, I've decided to buy myself one personal licence.

I was quite disappointed to see same old bugs not resolved for years. So my first request would be if we could get a normal node view panning like in any other software.

Currently, when I right click node view to pan it, it has this really weird jerky motion that often stops in the middle of panning. It's some very imprecise sort of acceleration. I would love to see regular view panning that's 1:1 with mouse cursor movement, because such elementary things as view navigation should always work flawlessly.

Thank you

EDIT:

So it appears there's a threshold for cursor movement speed under which panning stops. No one ever moves their cursor at a robotic consistent speed. This bug/feature really needs to be removed. I can't describe the amount of infuriating frustration this causes me every time I have to interact with WorldMachine :(
Development News / Re: Issue with poly reduction in Meshoutput
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 25, 2018, 05:39:25 PM »
New dev release out aaaaaaand... this is fixed! Feel free to download the latest version and check it out. Yay! :)
I am using the line tool in layout generator to carve roads and rivers into my terrain. However I can only have one profile per line. So all vertices on the line share the same profile.

Is there a way to have a custom profile for a specific vertex? Roads and rivers naturally widen and narrow, become deeper and more shallow and generally change shape as they move along a landscape. It would be great if you could replicate this in World Machine. I know I can add a fractal to break up the shape but doesn't really give great results and you cannot fine tune a profile at a specific point.
Geology and Terrain / Re: How to add hills between mountains??
« Last post by Vicenter on April 23, 2018, 10:00:01 PM »
I think the knowledge gained this time is very important because I am looking for.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10