Author Topic: Combine two islands made with layout generators?  (Read 622 times)

navett52

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Combine two islands made with layout generators?
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:32:43 PM »
Hi, I have a continent that I want to make with multiple smaller islands off of it's coast. I want to keep the continent and each island in their own layout generators since each piece of land will have a different terrain so this will make things easier. Here are some pictures to hopefully make sure I'm not being confusing:

This is the continent:

This is an island off of it's coast:

This is what I want it to look like, but I'm getting this result by making the island within the same layout generator as the continent which is not how I want to do it:

This is me attempting to use a combiner to make both islands show up while they're in their own layout generators, but no setting on the combiner lets me make it look like the above photo:

The question again is how can I make both these islands show up like in the 3rd photo, but have them be within their own layout generators?

Thanks for any responses!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:36:30 PM by navett52 »

JakBB

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Combine two islands made with layout generators?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:33:00 AM »
What's your combiner set to?
Try setting it to Max at full effect

navett52

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Combine two islands made with layout generators?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 01:10:40 PM »
This is my original post, but it was taking so long to get approved I re-posted in the guest board since it seemed more lively. It's approved now though, but here's the link: http://forum.world-machine.com/index.php?topic=3390.0

I was using add at .5 strength, but I had tried max at some point too. I'll try again within the next couple of days just to be safe, and I'll even post my node tree too to hopefully help the transparency.