Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Development News / Re: When will WM 3 get released finally?
« Last post by Onkelpoe on October 23, 2017, 11:53:17 PM »
totally agree +1

but I dont think, this is going to happen. I guess TOR or others will be the future.

Cheers!
Guest Forum / URGENT: Hiring WM+Geoglyph Artist for 1 week project
« Last post by Cole on October 23, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »
My name's Cole and I'm the director of the interactive department at my studio. We're looking for someone to create 5 "planet" models, each with a different "biosphere" or climate/terrain type ie. Lava planet, Ice planet, Rainforest etc. Our artist has created 1 Lava planet to use as a reference, we're looking for someone to do 5 more. Our artist used both World Builder and Geography and we were happy with the results but open to ideas.

We need the models and textures to be rendered out to an image sequence with the planet completing a 360 rotation. This image sequence will then go to After Effects for compositing work on our end.

Assets are due back to us no later than Friday Nov 3rd end of day. Definitely an expedited timeline but our artist (who just learned WM) did one planet in a day, so hoping reaching out to this forum will produce faster results.

Please send any inquiries to [email protected]; Budget is negotiable.

Thank you
Announcements and News / Re: World Machine 2 PDK Available!
« Last post by Pathtarapong on October 23, 2017, 12:32:33 AM »
How much is it? I have a cheap shop.
Guest Forum / Re: Raise the Entirety of a Terrain
« Last post by Pathtarapong on October 23, 2017, 12:30:21 AM »
This is important to not ignore it.
General Discussion / Does multi-monitor support mean multi-window support?
« Last post by doug on October 19, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
I'm deciding between the Standard and Professional editions. I want to have Device View in window 1 and then to observe changes I make to the device network in 3D View in window 2 (because the preview window is very small). I only have one monitor.

The Pro version says it provides "Multimonitor Support". However, I have a feeling that really means "Multi-Window Support".

Do I need the Pro version to have multiple windows on a single display?
Development News / When will WM 3 get released finally?
« Last post by Jeffreyman on October 18, 2017, 04:57:44 AM »
I dont like to use alpha/beta software, I am still waiting for WM 3.0 final release. Why does it take so long? Do you want that your competitors take over WM with their products in the future (TOR from the makers of GeoGlyph and many others)? WM 2.3 is already a nice product but it should be updated to todays workflow and UI and easy import export from engines like Unreal Engine 4.
Macros and Plugins / Re: Geoglyph macros 'invalid'
« Last post by Pixelhouse on October 17, 2017, 03:05:55 PM »
Hi, I have the same problem. double click on to a node crashes the software everytime.
Bug Reports and Help / No Output from River Reach Device
« Last post by Lawro on October 17, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
Hi,

I've just installed build 3016 Pro Edition 64 bit and trying to have a go with the River Device(s) but I can't seem to get any output from them whatsoever.

I've looked at the example projects (which seems to build with rivers fine) but in a new project, even I just do a simple device setup I can't seem to get any rivers, e.g. Add an Advanced Perlin, Erode it into a respectable shape, add a River Reach Device (with or without River Character input) - all I get is just 'black' output, no river defined, no changes in height map or values coming out at all.

Am I missing something fundamental here? I've done some googling searched through the forums but I can't find anything beyond the Example Projects that give any information on how to use the River system.

Please can anyone help me! :(
Development News / Re: World machine 3.0 and geoglyph
« Last post by Vision4Next on October 16, 2017, 10:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the link, but every now and then a new tool arrives and most of them disappear again soon. That's really annoying.
I really wish there was more stability in that sector.
Development News / Re: World machine 3.0 and geoglyph
« Last post by motorsep on October 16, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »
There is a new tool for terrain generation and weathering: http://www.wysilab.com/

I haven't messed with it yet, but sounds promising.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10