Author Topic: A collection of requests for WM2  (Read 3698 times)

marmil

• World Machine Guru
  • Slightly faster then your average marmot.
    • View Profile
A collection of requests for WM2
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:02:06 PM »
Here's a long list of collected WM2 requests!

1) An option to not draw/highlight the polygon edges when viewing the mesh in the 3D view.

2) .OBJ options:
 a) An .OBJ export option for the resolution of the mesh (ie. so you could export a lower poly .OBJ if wanted).
 b) An option for .OBJ export to set Y axis as up (ie. rotate the saved mesh 90 deg.)
 c) The option to set the output bounds to something besides 0 to 1.  For example -0.5 to 0.5 to center the mesh on the axis, or something like -256 to 256 to center the mesh and also have the mesh be 512 units on a side instead of 1 unit.

3) For the Combiner node, if you right clicked on it, it would be cool to have a "swap inputs" option. Or maybe if you were inside the node editing it there could be a "swap inputs" button that would swap the two inputs.

4) When pasting nodes have them show up under where the mouse pointer is currently located.  ie. A "drop it right here" sort of thing.

5) The ability to cut and past nodes between two WM sessions. (I know you can import a .tmd file, but being able to just select a few nodes from one session and copy/paste them to another would be really great!)

6) Return to the same zoom and window location as before when exiting a macro.

7) When editing a Grouping Tool note, would be nice to have Ctrl-Enter be equivalent to pressing the "OK" button.

8) Related to node naming:
 a) Add a name field in the edit area for nodes.  ie. If you double click on a node to adjust values, sliders, etc., have the nodes name field be there in the top of the window too so you can easily change the name while you're in there.
 b) Allow longer node names. (This is less of an issue now that Group notes are available and you can put descriptive and useful info about what's what there, but still, 22 characters seems like a strange node name limit.)
 c) Also, what about having a keyboard short cut for renaming a selected node, maybe "n" for example? ;)

9) A keyboard shortcut for disconnecting a selected node out of the chain, maybe "x" could be used.  (Would not delete the node, but simple disconnect it.)

10) I find myself accidentally selecting the extra advanced node ports all the time.  Maybe bring back the Preferences option of hiding the extra/advanced ports and add the "~" key back to the keyboard shortcuts to toggle their display.  (Do not have the nodes shrik in size like they use to though when toggling the extra ports off.)

11) An addition of what I might call a "dot" node.  This would be a smallish round node that doesn't do anything (simply has an in and an out port) but can allow better visually route wires when trying to make a very clean/specific layout.  This would allow for "squared off" sort of paths from one location to another.  Routing clarity would be it's only function.

Please let me know if you'd like any more details or clarification on any of these.
-marmil

jgwinner

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: A collection of requests for WM2
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 08:37:41 AM »
5 is a killer for me.

I put some devices in a macro and they don't quite work right ... and now I can't copy them out! lol

Onkelpoe

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 12:20:03 AM »
hmmm, cut&paste works fine for me.

Just do not use the hotkeys, like "STRG+C" or "CTRL+C", but use the menus (was edit->copy I think).
Then open another project and go "edit->Paste" and boom - you copied the nodes over...

Cheers!

duke54

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 10:39:26 AM »
This list is way old from 2008. 5 and 9 were implemented.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 10:41:45 AM by duke54 »