Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Layout generator, lines between shapes
« Last post by Dementei on July 05, 2018, 08:08:35 PM »
Ah hmm, by blending mode, do you mean the falloff profile curve? Got an example for me please? For the combiner between mountains/islands it's set to Average at 0.5 strength, but the lines occur from the beginning in the island layout generator.
General Discussion / Re: World Machine 2.3.7: Normal Map Maker
« Last post by WFab on July 05, 2018, 11:33:12 AM »
You should check the device reference for the older devices like this. Not much has changed with it over the years.
General Discussion / Re: World Machine 2.3.7: Normal Map Maker
« Last post by cjwidd on July 04, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
bump?

I felt like this was a straightforward enough question (?)
Feature Requests / Re: Use curved device connectors, not angled
« Last post by mattnava on July 03, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
I know this is an old request, but I wanted to throw my support behind it. I find that I periodically have to spend time managing wires in dense projects to try to make sure they dont overlap for readability. Having used other editors like substance designer where they have an option to toggle between square or curved connectors, I find that curved connectors are more readable because they tend to overlap less and are therefore easier to understand what they are connecting.
I noticed that I get lines of very sharp spikes, like single vertices, poking up in rows like "dragons teeth" across the boundary of soft erosion masks when "enhance mask input" is checked in the erosion node. It is possible to filter them out, however high frequency filters also tend to remove other detail that should remain. Ideally the "enhance mask input" option wouldn't generate this error in the first place. Thanks for looking into this!
Hi, I am creating a river effect using the paths in a layout generator. I have used the drop curve to surface feature to align the heights of the path to the underlying terrain. I would really like to be able to now offset the entire path up and down, to embed the path into the terrain a bit more or less. However, when you right-click drag a vertex to adjust its height, it only adjusts that single vertex. It would be great if there was a global height relative offset for the path that would maintain the overall shape of the path's height. I expected the "default Value (height)" parameter under the Shape common Properties window to do this, but it seeemed to have no effect.

Even better, I would be great to be able to offset the relative height of many paths at once, as my layout generator has many paths describing roads and rivers that I want to apply offsets to at the same time.

Thanks for considering this feature!
Feature Requests / Drop multiple curves to surface at once in Layout Generator
« Last post by mattnava on July 03, 2018, 05:09:04 PM »
Hi, I'm attempting to make a complex network of rivers and roads on a large terrain. I've imported a lot of splines paths into a layout generator, and need them to all drop to the surface of the terrain. Unfortunately, even if all the paths are selected, when you right click and choose drop curve to surface, it only operates on the path that you right clicked on. it would be much better if all the selected curves dropped to the terrain, especially when dealing with hundreds of paths.

Even better, it would be nice if the paths could have a setting to remember to conform to the surface, so even when you transform them, they automatically update to the correct height.

Thanks for considering this!
Bug Reports and Help / Crash on importing svg to layout generator
« Last post by mattnava on July 03, 2018, 01:52:37 PM »
WM crashes when you try to import an SVG file. To repro, create a Layout Generator. Do Add Layout from file... Click Set File... in the Layout Shape Import dialog, and choose an svg file. clicking open will crash WM.

I have found that it will not crash if the SVG contains only 1 path. Any more than 1 path in the SVG will cause WM to hang indefinitely.

I have tested that this crashes on both stable and dev builds 3021, but does not crash in version 2.3.7.

Thanks!
General Discussion / World Machine 2.3.7: Normal Map Maker
« Last post by cjwidd on July 02, 2018, 09:42:49 PM »
Hi, new to the World Machine forums, but I have a straightforward question about the normal map maker. What exactly is it doing?

Typically a normal map is baked from a high res mesh to a low res mesh, but in the case of World Machine, there is usually only a high res mesh. I understand there are options to export a decimated mesh, but I have not tested how this feature interacts with the exported normal map.

I have, however, exported a high res mesh and a normal map of that mesh, and I can say that when rendered in an external software (e.g. Corona), applying the normal map to the high res mesh definitely makes a difference in terms of quality, with the added benefit of being able to tweak the normal map intensity.

Could a World Machine guru elaborate on the normal map maker beyond what I have described above?
Guest Forum / Using world machine to edit a large area
« Last post by Nick on June 29, 2018, 11:17:08 AM »
Hi all, I plan to make an account later. Just at work so this works really well so I can get feedback till I am able to get to my PC.
So! My project involves using lidar data. A lot of it. precisely 328 gb when it's unpacked. I have finally gotten all I need to turn that data into raster data, which can be imported to VT builder, and then world machine. My question is, do you guys think I NEED to do much of anything with it in world machine to get a good realistic result since it's already lidar data?
Also what's a good way to set it up correctly in world machine for unreal engine 4? I think because of how large the area is I will need to use tiling and I'm still fairly new to the subject so I'm taking on quite the project. Any advice is appreciated!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10