Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Can't see mesh in preview window
« Last post by posfan12 on April 02, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »
There *is* a "Fit" button under the preview window, and it allows you to zoom to fit the heightmap. But it only works when the heightmap is normalized between 0 and 1.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Slope selector wrong angle
« Last post by posfan12 on April 02, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
Awesome, thanks!
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Layout generator and drawing with lines - SLOW
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 01, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »
Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!  :D
Hi Mecha!

The issue when trying to do manual tiling is that each individual tile doesn't have contextual information about the terrain around it, in the neighboring tiles. That means things like erosion, blur, etc will produce different results across tiles.

Solving this problem is what the Pro Edition was designed to do, but you can attempt the same kind of thing manually if you like. What you would need to do is export each tile larger than it needs to be, and then blend adjacent tiles together in the overlapping areas to produce seamless terrain using photoshop or a similar process. It's a huge pain for more than a few tiles, which is why I would recommend using the Pro edition for this -- but if that's not an option another way of doing this might be to render all of your tiles together as a single terrain and then slice it apart afterwards, which will keep the tiles contiguous. Hope that helps!
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Slope selector wrong angle
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 01, 2018, 10:33:58 PM »
@posfan12-

The value reported is actually a "normalized vertical scale independent angle", the original idea was to make the slope selector not change when the world vertical scale was changed. However, this has proven to be both confusing and not usually what you want. Already in for the next dev build is a modification to the slope selector to work natively in degrees (and let you enter them numerically too). So... coming soon, more better things. :)
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Can't see mesh in preview window
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 01, 2018, 10:29:17 PM »
@posfan12 -

There is currently no zoom-to-fit option for the 3D view.  Let me see if we can add a modifier to make sure the scale doesn't go weird like it currently does in the next dev build, though!
Feature Requests / Re: When tile blending is 0%, skip it
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 01, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »
Hi Duke,

Thanks for the feature suggestion! To help me get a better sense of the magnitude of this, would you mind timing how long the blending pass is taking when it's at 0%? Is it a few extra minutes or hours? Thanks!
General Discussion / Re: The "Mailbox Peak" Build - The real deal?
« Last post by WM_Moderator on April 01, 2018, 09:56:26 PM »
Hey guys!

@Tovrin: yep, if it's critical that you pay for your upgrade via PayPal instead of a credit card, send the amount on the invoice for the upgrade to [email protected] and we will link it up for you manually. Credit card will be instantaneous and PayPal will take a little longer, but yes, it's an option!

@Vision4Next: From what I've heard, they are working on a new GeoGlyph to be compatible with Mailbox Peak to be released in April.

@pokoy - if you check out the graph here (http://www.world-machine.com/purchase.php?page=pro), you are correct in that the speed improvements depend on which device you are using. Honestly, there were some devices that were even more than 800% faster, and others that didn't see too much benefit. So far we've been getting great feedback on the increased speeds, but let us know how much faster you find it to be! Always looking for more examples from the community.

Thanks all for the great questions!
Works in Progress / Re: geotiff import
« Last post by kardigans on March 31, 2018, 03:35:16 AM »
So simple.

Edit -> Open Example World

Select "Improving Real World Terrain" sample and load.

File Input node is your friend.

https://imgur.com/a/Oz6N2
Geology and Terrain / Re: Steppe plains
« Last post by TorQueMoD on March 30, 2018, 10:44:51 PM »
Actually a better method than turning down the persistence on a Billowy Advanced Perlin is to simply add in a Blur filter and increase the amount until it looks right to you. This way you still maintain the height variation but it's smoothed out a bunch. You can also clamp the blur if you only want it to only affect a specific height of the terrain. For my use, I clamped it to the lower region only to get rid of the "potholes" in the terrain but keep the detail on the top of the hills:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10