Author Topic: Couple questions regarding multimonitor support etc.  (Read 1911 times)

vvvvvvvv

Couple questions regarding multimonitor support etc.
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
I have evaluated World Machine for couple days now and it looks pretty solid piece of a software! However, I have couple questions.

1. Preview viewport is very small. Can one resize preview viewport in Standard edition or is multi monitor support of Professional version the only way to get bigger preview window?

2. Also in Professional edition, can you have 3D view in an other window and have it update in *real time* while editing devices?

3. Are we able to install to one workstation and then transfer license to another workstation later on? (i.e. are we in charge of license, as long as we only use 1 license at a time)

Thank you for your time.

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
Re: Couple questions regarding multimonitor support etc.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
Hi there,

Good to hear from ya.

1) The preview window is fixed in size. Bear in mind however, that you can also use the 3D view as a sort of preview window in all versions by having it as the active view while making changes to a device. Select the device you want to see (either from the device workview or the leftside preview), make sure you're in the 3D view, and then edit the device properties by clicking the button for it from the leftside toolbar.

2) Simplying the above quite a bit, you can place the 3D view into an additional window in the Pro edition; yes, it is updated in real time.

3) Yes; you are correct on your interpretation of the license.

Cheers,
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

vvvvvvv

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Couple questions regarding multimonitor support etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
Thank you for taking time to answer our questions. I made the purchase :]