Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for your answer WFab :)
You're a genius. A program is only as good as the tutorials that are available.
General Discussion / Discovering World Machine 3, new tutorial series out.
« Last post by geekatplay on June 17, 2018, 06:14:43 PM »
http://www.geekatplay.com/world-machine-tutorials.php
New tutorials out. Devices, interfaces, rivers and more ...
Tutorials will be unlocked weekly
Bug Reports and Help / Re: A little help would be great :) Main extent Close Up
« Last post by WFab on June 15, 2018, 02:32:17 PM »
Erosion simulation is very much resolution dependent. When you switch to smaller extents, build resolution remains the same, while size decreases. So there are essentially more channels than the bigger one, relative to the sizes.

Easier would be to cut up the mesh itself. Or create individual features first, then the base, and then mix it up in the frame.
Geology and Terrain / Re: How to make natural looking snow rocky mountains?
« Last post by WFab on June 14, 2018, 02:30:09 PM »
Try creating a rough terrain shape first, then blur the whole terrain to look like snow, masking out the rocky bits. I've tried this a few times, end up doing something in the texture most of the time. World machine filters aren't too accurate at that small scale.
Geology and Terrain / How to make natural looking snow rocky mountains?
« Last post by Napulion on June 13, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
Hello everyone!
I'm trying to replicate a mountain landscape similar to this one (attachment):

As you can see, we have just to main colors: the snow and the rocks.
The feature I'm trying to replicate is the rock effect like in the image, which is pretty delicate and poor since everything is covered by the snow. I've tried different things applyed to my landscape, from terrace to erosion, but still I cannot manage to replicate that feature.
Is there a specific technique to replicate that in World Machine?
Thank you very much!
Feature Requests / Export Scene View's water heightfield?
« Last post by mattnava on June 12, 2018, 04:04:35 PM »
Is there a plan to create an export node for the water heightfield that is generated by the scene view node? This would be really useful for exporting complex water surfaces to other programs. I can see the heightfield with the scene view node, but I can't save it! Can the logic that shapes the water input to conform to the terrain be recreated with other nodes in the meantime? What is the logic that the scene view does to create that heightfield? Thanks!
Guest Forum / A little help would be great :)
« Last post by Lionel on June 11, 2018, 01:01:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

First of all a big thanks for this forum and all informations :D.

I am currently facing a problem with what I would like to do :
My terrain is a valley , and will be used in a movie production as a base for modelisation artists. So I created an output obj. mesh for them, and it's work fine.
But the problem, is when I reduce the main extent to smaller zone, the obj. mesh is different. I can see that the smaller part doesn't really match with the whole valley in Maya.
It seems that the erosion node create some variations and the volume are changing :shock:.
Is there a way to fix that ?
( I put an image in attachement to make it clear)
Thanks for reading and have a good day ( or night).

Lio
Guest Forum / Competitions
« Last post by JackTheShipper on June 08, 2018, 08:50:04 AM »
Apologies if this is not wanted on the forum. (Which is why I'm throwing it in the Guest section)
But I guessed since at least a few here are also World Creator Users you might find it interesting:

WorldCreator is hosting a landscaping competition and giving away both software and cash prizes: https://www.world-creator.com/competitions/

It'll run for nearly 3 months, which I find oddly long, but otherwise it's looking interesting.

Thanks,

Jacky
Bug Reports and Help / A little help would be great :) Main extent Close Up
« Last post by Lio on June 07, 2018, 02:03:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

First of all a big thanks for this forum and all informations :D.

I am currently facing a problem with what I would like to do :
My terrain is a valley , and will be used in a movie production as a base for modelisation artists. So I created an output obj. mesh for them, and it's work fine.
But the problem, is when I reduce the main extent to smaller zone, the obj. mesh is different. I can see that the smaller part doesn't really match with the whole valley in Maya.
It seems that the erosion node create some variations and the volume are changing :shock:.
Is there a way to fix that ?
( I put an image in attachement to make it clear)
Thanks for reading and have a good day ( or night).

Lio
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10