Author Topic: Cliffside  (Read 2690 times)

Hotshot

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Cliffside
« on: April 18, 2014, 11:11:37 AM »
Hi!
I need help to find a procedure the can create Sharp cliffsides...

I have Terraced sides that are step but when I apply erosion it destroys the cliff sides and makes ALOT of channels on the cliff...

WFab

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Cliffside
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »
use different erosion passes on different height, higher sediment carry amount at the bottom. If you could post a screen I could be more specific.

Hotshot

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:13:02 AM »
thank you for advice,
Yes I am trying to us Hight and slop angel and us it as a mask. I have not find a good solution to the cliff side so far..
It tends to make these "stripes" on my cliff side . I want more plain cliff side not so eroded....

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:17:54 PM by Hotshot »

WFab

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:24:56 AM »
Well, the best solution would be sculpting the cliffside manually. This is the classic wm problem, caused by the way heightfields work. One solution you can use is create a mask for the cliff side, then use this mask to apply some displaced shader in your rendering program. That will fix the artifacts maybe.

peter_sim

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:16:53 AM »
Currently testing WM for our studio and i think the best solution is laying down basic terrain features in WM and finishing them in Mudbox since you have a lot more control over everything, nodes are great but when you reach a certain level of complexity it could quickly begin to be cluttered and productivity get to a stand still.

When you are good with Mudbox there no terrain features that you cannot achieve with it. A combination of both is a sure win win situation.

I think that WM would benefit greatly from a brush system similar to Mudbox.

Regards Peter