Author Topic: Help making large island for new person  (Read 1122 times)

apollo02

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Help making large island for new person
« on: September 26, 2016, 11:06:56 AM »
Hello,

I'm a new World Machine user and Im still learning but Im having some trouble. Im trying to make a large island/continent with flat African savanna type terrain and large mountains in other parts. I try to make a general island shape with the layout generator but it never really looks right and its too flat and hilly so when I add water the slope into the water isn't very good. I basically want to create several different areas like mountains, plains, beach, etc and then user a layout on top of the main island to place them in those areas but it never really works out. Does anyone have any advice, videos, or tutorials I can follow because the ones on youtube are usually just mountains or valleys and aren't ever a mixture. An example file would be awesome as well!

Thank you for the help!

Fat_Bob

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help making large island for new person
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:55:09 AM »
If it is any help, there is a series of Geekatplay tutorials on using different terrain zones and blending them in one terrain.
On the Geekatplay website it is the set of tutorials "World Machine, Advanced Tecniques"
This is the link to the youtube version :-

https://youtu.be/xV19icQULMs

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 01:57:23 AM by Fat_Bob »

Pinglory

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 03:05:58 AM »
I do not think I can get in here, it's great.

c_jolicoeur

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
if you want to pay 20$, anna b mayer has a patreon where she explains large maps with different spots. She helped me make huge scenes with various parts bur I'd say the level of her files are intermediate, she doesn't provide much info yet but she's always on to explain her maps. You also need a developper edition of WM to open her files.

https://www.patreon.com/annabmeyer/posts

Consue

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 02:46:18 AM »
Most of GeekatPlay vids become free after a certain time