Author Topic: GeoGlyph doesn't seem to have a fourm so here goes  (Read 1038 times)

Kiwi-Hawk

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
GeoGlyph doesn't seem to have a fourm so here goes
« on: February 26, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
Kia ora

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I get no replies to email questions so I'm asking here in the hope I can get help

I notice now the interface as changed and ir not nice to work with at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkrkq8hz2j7nopt/Screenshot%202017-02-27%2013.17.37.png?dl=0

I can't see what I'm doing with this and selecting a different world colour does NOT change this,. in fact I can NOT find any of the default colours at all. I also have a problem with extents now, if I move my extent the whole island movers abut the crater next to my island won't and there in NO way to move the crater made from the GeoGlyph crater node that I can see.

Sorry but this for me is not user friendly at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh1ornpnkf7821v/Screenshot%202017-02-27%2013.32.58.png?dl=0

WFab

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: GeoGlyph doesn't seem to have a fourm so here goes
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:38:20 PM »
As far as default world colors are concerned:

Are you using the new wm beta 3014 with geoglyph? Geoglyph 2 does not support this release just yet.

You can join the world machine software group on facebook, geoglyph questions are better answered there. Send me a personal message here on the forum with your facebook name before joining.

Kiwi-Hawk

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 05:59:23 PM »
Kia ora

Thank you so much for the help

Vision4Next

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 04:56:29 AM »
Unfortunately I'm not on facebook and do not plan to go there. Any other way to get information about what WM version is supported?

Onkelpoe

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 05:46:37 AM »
Just visit http://www.quadspinner.com/geoglyph/#modal-alert2 and click on the little, grey "?" next to "Support WM2.x/3.x Builds" ;)

WFab

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 06:08:50 AM »
You can ask world machine questions right here, and maybe make a new geoglyph thread as well. Nobody said Facebook is the only way. I'm saying it's just easier for users of facebook to use those groups than check forum separately. I certainly wished for a wm group on FB for a long time, but stephen was always too busy, and no other users of world machine were interested in maintaining it full time. So, Last year I did it myself, that's all.

I'm not saying you HAVE to join Facebook to get answers. I'm saying if you are already on there, it's easier and quicker to get answers there. I'm posting it everywhere, So 'if' and 'when' you join, you know where we hang out.

WFab

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 06:34:53 AM »
@Vision4Next: All wm versions including dev builds are supported, except the 3014 build. And that too is temporary, since device architecture changed a bit in this new build. They are trying to figure it out right now. 3014 is also not stable enough for me just yet, crashes often due to memory leaks.

Onkelpoe

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 07:00:12 AM »
I think Dax will host a GG forum, "comming soon TM"

Vision4Next

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:18 AM »
@Vision4Next: All wm versions including dev builds are supported, except the 3014 build. And that too is temporary, since device architecture changed a bit in this new build. They are trying to figure it out right now. 3014 is also not stable enough for me just yet, crashes often due to memory leaks.

quote author=Onkelpoe link=topic=3337.msg14362#msg14362 date=1488207612]
I think Dax will host a GG forum, "comming soon TM"
[/quote]

Thanks for the information. Now that the development seems to continue, I think about investing into GeoGlyph.

Kiwi-Hawk

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 12:18:29 PM »
Kia ora

I personally would prefer to have a private contact but given the market size's, that now days seem impossible. I jus dislike dealing with issues in public, (some things are private and should be dealt with as such) help and general community yes sure a forum great users helping use's there been no replies here and I get NO answers from Quadspinner support, these issue one should NOT have to air in public, all you get is flake from supporter that don't like or believe you, people that have NOTHING to do with the business between you and the company having their say and your issue gets lost lost in the word war.

for me knowing why I'm getting the screens looking like the dropbox images I posted and why when I click in "Basic Render" to get that macro I get a simple River macron and how to fix both issues I also have NO world Machine icon when I start up the program. There two icons IDE and world Machine, my World Machine icon is greyed out and non functional

Dax

• Testing Team
  • World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:47 AM »
Hi Peter,

Dax here. I'm the main developer behind GeoGlyph. I'm very, very sorry you did not get a response from us earlier. No excuses - this was completely our fault.

We just replied to your email with a solution. Please let us know if that fixes your problem. I've also instructed support to give you my personal email address, so if you ever fail to receive support from us in time, you can email me directly.

Again, my sincerest apologies. We will aim to provide better support in the future. In fact, we are now upgrading our support help desk so we can keep better track of support requests and provide responses in a better way.

Sincerely,
Dax