Author Topic: Any video/post that could explain me some of the most important maps?  (Read 409 times)

AgusLan

• Community Member
    • View Profile
I'm familliar with all the usual 3d maps like diffuse and normal but here I'm getting a bit confused with maps like Erosion and Flow and i'd like to understand them.

Thanks!

Vision4Next

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
If a mountain is eroded the water and debris flows down the hill. The flow map is an alpha map, which simply represents the strength and amount of the flow. You normally use it as mask or for coloring the terrain in certain colors. The deposit map is an alpha map as well and shows the amount of the deposition of eroded material on the landscape. It can be used in a similar way as the flow map.

I really recommend to watch some of the tutorials at GeekAtPlay Studio. You'll find them at Youtube and they show quite nicely, how you can use the maps/masks in a program like Vue to distribute certain materials over the landscape.

agustin

If a mountain is eroded the water and debris flows down the hill. The flow map is an alpha map, which simply represents the strength and amount of the flow. You normally use it as mask or for coloring the terrain in certain colors. The deposit map is an alpha map as well and shows the amount of the deposition of eroded material on the landscape. It can be used in a similar way as the flow map.

I really recommend to watch some of the tutorials at GeekAtPlay Studio. You'll find them at Youtube and they show quite nicely, how you can use the maps/masks in a program like Vue to distribute certain materials over the landscape.

Thanks!

I'll check those out.

Are those videos useful to use with a game engine like UE?