Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / Re: archipelago
« Last post by Rmussell on Today at 04:01:09 PM »
After a while I figured out a way to do it nicely, not perfect however. (always more kinks to sort out, especially when im using the program to do something that it wasn't made for ;p)
you can draw your map in photoshop and import into WM. Use perlin generator for more details or erosion device and also use the imported map as a mask.
Bug Reports and Help / Can't type in clamp value.
« Last post by seanmckenna on May 24, 2018, 05:43:23 PM »
I am trying to type in an exact value for the clamp, but whatever value I type into the field doesn't get saved. However, using the slider works just fine. [Here]https://i.gyazo.com/aca2d0afc0343b9ca1294993a576c7e9.mp4[/url] is an example of what I'm talking about.
This issue has been frustrating me for the past hour until I realized the only thing left different between my last good copy and my debug 'in and out' copy that was still offset by a good meter or so was the Outside Behavior setting.

Easy reproduction steps: Generate a heightmap, bring it into UE4 and set a static marker where you can easily notice a shift in the terrain, import that heightmap back into WM using Mirror outside behavior, output it with no other processing, import the new 'unchanged' heightmap into UE4 and notice that the heightmap has shifted past your static marker.
Guest Forum / Computation, type casting
« Last post by Settius on May 23, 2018, 10:26:29 AM »
Hello,

Is is possible to make operation (add, multiply, divide, subtract) on large numbers (variables) and then feed specific parameters into functions (possible to change variable type in the process i.e. float into distance, integer)?

Guest Forum / Edit certain heights of layout generator
« Last post by Zonen on May 21, 2018, 07:25:10 AM »
So I'm still very new to World Machine, but I've been working on a landscape for a team using World Machine Pro, they already have a drawn map so I've used the map and layout generators to make each piece of land.  problem I'm running into is that part of the land is higher, other parts are lower, with a waterfall feature in the center. You can see it in the attachment, the map has a waterfall area, and parts of the land are lower.  How do I get that layout to lower in certain areas to water level while keeping a high cliff in other spots?  Thanks for any help. I posted this on the bug/help but it's still awaiting approval so thought I'd try here.
and this is the map, working on the Eden Region
Bug Reports and Help / How to lower certain parts of a layout in layout generator.
« Last post by Zonen on May 20, 2018, 05:54:36 PM »
So I'm still very new to World Machine, but I've been working on a landscape for a team using World Machine Pro, they already have a drawn map so I've used the map and layout generators to make each piece of land.  problem I'm running into is that part of the land is higher, other parts are lower, with a waterfall feature in the center. You can see it in the attachment, the map has a waterfall area, and parts of the land are lower.  How do I get that layout to lower in certain areas to water level while keeping a high cliff in other spots?  Thanks for any help.
Bug Reports and Help / Re: archipelago
« Last post by WM_Moderator on May 19, 2018, 08:59:12 PM »
Hey there,

What sort of detail are you trying to add? Is it detail from a perlin noise generator, or are you manually drawing shapes in the layout tool, or something else? Do you have a screenshot you could share of the problem?  Hopefully we can help once we have more details. Thanks!

- WM Moderator :)
Awesome!! So glad that's helpful - and the Maya-style camera control has been awesome to use internally here at WM, too! I get why people were requesting it. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10