Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Thanks for the information. I'll wait for the 3019 support then. Just don't want to change the installation constantly and at the moment I'm occupied with other things anyway.
General Discussion / Trying to find a good place to start
« Last post by acblevins on February 14, 2018, 06:35:40 PM »
Hello all,

I just bought the standard edition of world machine after messing around with the free version for a bit. I am currently going through all of the example worlds in the program itself and learning from that before moving on.

I know I want to use world machine to make massive open world terrains. I am also using UE4 and doing some mod work in Squads, hoping I can take what I learn from that and apply it to PUBG and Dead Matter when both of those games allow it.

PUBG for example has two maps that are both 8 km by 8km. How do you plan out a terrain that big?
Geology and Terrain / Continents Scale
« Last post by GUSVFX on February 14, 2018, 10:57:43 AM »
Hello there,

I rencently purchased the standart edition of World Machine and so far really like the software!

It was fast to put together a concept style frame and bring that to Houdini to add some vegetation on top.  I have attached my render for reference.

I have a question regarding scale.  I need to be able to zoom out enouth to see the continent land and somehow make an envolution from the Cretaceous period to today's terrain (attached image for reference).

Is there a way to bring curves into World Machine and use that as a mask for the advance perlin? Can I paint the heightmap and use it as displacement?

Looking for creative solutions to achieve this effect.

Thanks in advace!
Gus

Geology and Terrain / Re: How to make slopes / gradation of vertical cliffs?
« Last post by WFab on February 14, 2018, 10:02:37 AM »
May I have a look at that heightmap?
General Discussion / Re: New_to_WM: Set height restriction?
« Last post by Lorenzor on February 14, 2018, 01:14:26 AM »
I want to learn more about these information, where should I go?
Feature Requests / Re: Free Orbiting in 3D View
« Last post by Lorenzor on February 14, 2018, 01:13:43 AM »
I want to know about this content that is very helpful to me and want to learn more.
Geology and Terrain / How to make slopes / gradation of vertical cliffs?
« Last post by Arctura on February 13, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
I have some heightmaps with almost vertical cliffs that I want to smoothen into even slopes. I don't need any detail, just smooth slopes from the edge. I have tried with thermal erosion, but either the slope starts too low or there is an odd edge generated above the edge of the cliff.
I have included an image from Unreal Engine 4 since the effect isn't visible in WM.
Can anyone give me some pointers? I use a height selector to select everything below the edge of the "cliff" and I don't understand why it creates an edge above the selected area.  :cry:
Geoglyph doesn't support 3016. 3017 and 3018 are supported currently, 3019 support coming soon.
General Discussion / Re: New tutorials out
« Last post by Vision4Next on February 13, 2018, 02:30:10 AM »
The link has a typo. It's http://www.geekatplay.com
Hopefully Geoglyph for 3019 is out soon. I didn't get it to work with 3016.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10