Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug Reports and Help / Re: Map bitmap onto terrain
« Last post by oli on Today at 06:58:28 AM »
Got it, this is using an Overlay View device, heightmap into first input and bitmap into second input.
Bug Reports and Help / Map bitmap onto terrain
« Last post by oli on Today at 06:51:46 AM »
Hi, I am using Geoglyph GeoColor node which outputs a bitmap, how can I map this bitmap over my terrain into World Machine?
General Discussion / Geoglyph 2 issues
« Last post by oli on Today at 02:36:07 AM »
Hi, since I am not sure where to post about Geoglyph, I am doing it here. I am using Geoglyph 2.1.140.316 Pro with World Machine 2.3.7 Pro and have the following issues:

1. when using a Colorizer node, I can see the Geoglyph color tables as numbers only, there is no Geoglyph graphical interface to select them.

2. When using a GeoColor node, I need a Color Source input but I don't know what it is. I don't see any info about this in the documentation. Possible consequence of this, I cannot open the GeoColor node and have the nice Geoglyph interface...
Update: found out that when using a mask (like flow map) as color input this makes things work and I can access the GeoColor interface, so this is working fine. This device outputs a bitmap, however it would also be useful to output masks for the various features it is adding, else this is not of much use for game engines for example.

3. When using an Over Erosion mode, whatever mask I use as input, the effect is applied to the whole terrain.

I have contacted Quadspinner support but got no answer so far.... please HELP!!! :)

Note: I have already uninstalled/reinstalled Geoglyph just in case...
Bug Reports and Help / 3D Views randomly started having texture problems
« Last post by owlyoop on November 19, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
This happened out of nowhere. This happens whenever I set the world parameters above 8km x 8km. The screenshot is 16km x 16km. Using overlay view, the texture doesn't work and it's just white.

Also whenever I build/compile the erosion, the 3d view tanks my fps when it never did that before

I have tried reinstalling and restarting my pc. I am using world machine 2.6 free version
Hi, I found the following guideline in World Machine 2 User Guide page 33 in regard to Polygon and Line type:

"Vertex-based shapes support bezier splines for smoothly interpolating between each vertex. This is
slower to process but is often highly desireable to create smooth and complex geometry."

I took it that it means I can adjust the vertices of both Polygon Shape as well as the Line Shape.  And indeed I can.  In Line Shape, I can adjust the height of each vertex by right clicking the vertex, and select "Enter Precise Value".  This allows me to not just adjust the Line shape in top-down 2-dimension, but also height in 3-dimension, creating a sloping Line shape.

Currently, I am not able to do so with Polygon shape.  WM allows me to turn the shape into bezier shape and adjust each vertex just like Line Shape.  It also allows me to "Enter Precise Value" for each vertex.  However, entering those values has no effect on the vertex height of the Polygon shape.  For example, imagine if we make a Polygon shape of a triangle at the value(height) of 512m.  Then select one of the vertices and "Enter Precise Value" a value of 300m.  You would expect the Polygon triangle to slope downward from 512m to 300m at that vertex.  Instead, the Polygon triangle shape will remain flat at 512m.

I was wondering is this expected behavior, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

General Discussion / Re: New tutorials out
« Last post by Vision4Next on November 10, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »
@Vision4Next: You can try these for geoglyph. They are a bit dated though. Something is still better than nothing imo.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5Bj1Fx69C_e571znFq5lzIOyq1Odnaw

Thanks, I've seen them. I really wish that Geoglyph would work with 3016. So far it only works with 2.x without problems.
Nevertheless it's really a great addition to a great program.
« Last post by WFab on November 10, 2017, 12:24:31 AM »
@Vision4Next: You can try these for geoglyph. They are a bit dated though. Something is still better than nothing imo.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD5Bj1Fx69C_e571znFq5lzIOyq1Odnaw
« Last post by Vision4Next on November 09, 2017, 11:30:55 AM »
Thanks!

I also would love to see some tutorials for Geoglyph.
Announcements and News / Re: World Machine Tutorial Videos
« Last post by geekatplay on November 08, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »
New tutorials released: http://www.geekatplay.com/world-machine-tutorials.php now eight series, hundred of tutorials, most free to watch at the web site or youtube.
General Discussion / New tutorials out
« Last post by geekatplay on November 08, 2017, 09:24:02 AM »
New WM tutorials out at Geekatplay : http://www.geekatplay.com/world-machine-tutorials.php
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10