• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.
 
September 22, 2019, 03:56:14 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!



Post reply

The message has the following error or errors that must be corrected before continuing:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Other options
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview

Topic summary

Posted by Ben
 - July 22, 2013, 06:51:02 pm
Hell yeah, great to hear! :D
Posted by Stephen
 - July 22, 2013, 06:19:34 pm
yep, this is fixed.
Posted by Ben
 - July 22, 2013, 03:44:10 pm
Certainly, here you go! Seems to always happen actually, I didn't have to do anything special to reproduce.
Posted by Stephen
 - July 22, 2013, 03:14:15 pm
It should also fix that problem.

If you can post an example TMD that I can test against I can check for sure :)
Posted by Ben
 - July 22, 2013, 12:03:25 am
Thanks again! By chance did you fix any bugs like not being able to build current device with devices that are 2 or more macro levels deep? I pretty much always have to be in the top level graph or 1 macro deep to be able to do it. It doesn't seem 100% consistent but more often than not.

And if not, then I can make an example tmd if that helps.
Posted by Stephen
 - July 18, 2013, 01:59:31 pm
This has been fixed (along with a couple other macro-related display wierdness issues) for 2.3.4.
Posted by Stephen
 - July 11, 2013, 07:16:23 pm
just as a further followup, I wanted to mention that this is a problem only with build-to-device inside of macros.. if the entire world is built you should be able to still work around this.
Posted by Ben
 - July 10, 2013, 12:59:53 pm
Thank you, much appreciated!  :)
Posted by Stephen
 - July 10, 2013, 12:44:19 am
Hi there,

I was just getting set to post that I couldn't replicate this issue and then I read closely that you mentioned "render the ramp" specifically, as opposed to build the world.

Sure enough, I can now replicate the issue in the rebroke file. I will take a look at this shortly and get a fix out soon.
Posted by Ben
 - July 09, 2013, 07:32:34 pm
So I'm not exactly sure what and where things are breaking but I have noticed several cases where connected inputs get ignored. In my current case I have a perlin noise that gets packed into RGB with 2 other noises, passed into a macro, split back into individual noises, passed into another macro where it finally breaks.

Interestingly when copied and pasted my test case into its own file, it worked as expected. But after making a few changes and undoing them it broke again. So the good news is I have a working and broken copy of the same tmd.

I'm pretty sure this problem's been around for a while, I've had a few issues in the past, but I only now have a project that's complex enough to see it regularly. The project files attached are saved in 2.3.3.1. Just dig into the 2 macros and render the ramp, it should be distorted as it is one level up.