This is a list of (most) of the things implemented in Beta-2!
- Thermal Erosion now does multithreading for large speedups on multicore machines (6/7)
- Blur device now does multithreading (6/14)
- Blur device now works on Bitmaps as well as Heightfields (6/14)
- Added platform/version reporting more prominently on the About page (6/9)
- Added save build log option for benchmarking (6/9)
- Improved "snapshot render" in the 3D View to allow itself to be interrupted, and to not block the UI thread (which previously sometimes caused the hi res display to be dismissed without moving the mouse) (6/10)
- Fixed deleting group-not-device bug (6/13)
- Fixed tiled build crashes (7/7)
- Added asynchronous updating to the 3D View. It no longer blocks the UI thread as it updates the viewport (7/7)
- Added crash reporting to help track down crash bugs (7/8)
- Fixed layout mode crash issue after importing shapes (7/12)
- Fixed misc. small issues (7/20)
- Improved polygon sluggishness issue in layout view (7/21)
- Lots more bug fixes! (8/2)
Beta 2 is now available at the beta download site!
I can already notice the increased performance. Also, a cancel build seems to complete much quicker -- was that a change too?
If you downloaded WM 2.3 Beta-2 prior to 8/9, you may have received a version containing a layout shape height error bug and also that did not contain all of the debugging information I need to capture crash data acceptably.
I have updated the versions available on the beta download site, so if this applies to you go ahead and just re-download the beta and install over what you currently have!
Apparently my oversight was no good on the patch as the build was not distributed correctly into the distribution directories. The layout height error on polygons was not fixed.
It now is as of 8/12.
Sorry about that guys! Teaches me to do experimental work on the active trunk, ugh. Won't mess that one up again!
Thanks for the heads-up, Remnant!