• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

June 24, 2019, 07:00:38 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

[Paid] Looking for WorldMachine artist - Heightmap output only!

Started by Zooch, July 02, 2015, 11:00:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooch

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure where to put this, since there's no contractor/hiring section...

I'm looking for someone who is interested in working with me to build a single World Machine island landscape tailored to the needs of our UE4 game, Indigenous (https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?56464-Indigenous-is-Recruiting!). The landscape will need a few different biomes - ocean, beaches, plains/valleys, jungles, mountains, etc.

I don't need the textures or material setup - we're using a procedural material. I only need the heightmap output and World Machine source files.

While our landscape will have several biomes, none of this should be too complicated or difficult for someone familiar with World Machine. We won't be extremely specific on the details; we will most likely just give you a quick drawing in Paint that shows where we want the biomes and their relative size. This could be done in half a day or a full day.

The key is that we want these regions to be realistic. Several members on our team know the basics of World Machine and can generate these zones, but we're looking for a professional who has had plenty of experience. Please provide examples of your World Machine work, preferably in a game engine (since WM's renderer isn't that great).

We also request that you have basic knowledge of how World Machine imports into UE4. We can do the import and setup ourselves but again, it's something we'd prefer the contractor handle for a smoother overall process.

Please email me at lehmanz[at]gmail.com if you're interested. This is a paid offer, within reasonable indie rates (I'm a professional contractor so I know what competitive rates look like).

Thanks!

WFab

Hi Zooch!

Heard some good things about your game. I would definitely be interested, though I'm a bit busy for a day or two. I'll be sending you a PM, for my contact details. Or you can find me using the signature links.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview