• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

September 16, 2019, 01:09:49 am

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Testing testing 1...2...3...

Started by jaf, December 30, 2008, 10:50:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jaf

Just wanted to check if this forum is really down for maintenance or not.  The forum link on the home page links to a "WM server is down for maintenance".
But this:      http://forum.world-machine.com/index.php
brings up the forum.  :shock:

Rhalph

Maximus

Another thing.. it been awfully silent here in the past few months since the release. What's going on with World Machine developement now, anything.. ?!

/ Magnus

Nav

maybe stuck in a long echoing canyon at night, hellloooo.... helloooo.... helloooo.........
:?

aguru

February 26, 2009, 11:56:47 am #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 10:51:57 am by aguru
I have contacted Stephen weeks ago about a specific problem. After not hearing from him and writing again I got an answer - he wanted to take a look at it and come back at me asap.

No reply since then. I've written him again last week but no reply yet. I guess he must be really busy to neglect his customers like that :(

Rhalph

I think he has some personal problems, his back or something?

But I know the development isn't stopped (trust an alpha tester :))

nikita

I think you can hardly say that he's neglecting customers when he is busy programming the next release and bug fixing.
"Every time you read or write beyond the end of an array, somewhere a fairy dies."
Richard Buckland

Nav

Im not so worried..I mean he is only one man after all..I think things will pick up soon..and anyone who knows programming ..well should know its not so easy as just clicky mouse..
:)

aguru

March 01, 2009, 08:36:39 am #8 Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:38:42 am by aguru
I'm sorry I did not mean to sound rude. I think Stephen is doing a teriffic job and - of course - I'm eager to see new features and bug fixes. As a one man project WM2 is an amazing feat. It's just... he said he would take a look at my problem and maybe he did, maybe he didn't, maybe the problem is at our end, maybe he even fixed the bug already. There is no way for me to tell.

nikita

Ok, that's indeed less than optimal.
Have you considered posting the problem in the forum? We could check if it's already in the bug tracker and, in case it isn't, add it.
"Every time you read or write beyond the end of an array, somewhere a fairy dies."
Richard Buckland

Gerry

So no one knows what's up with the forum? I happened to stumble upon it by accident while searching Google about WM. But the main forum link is still down. How can you blame someone for thinking the project has been abandoned when the forum (to most people) is down, and the blog has been dead for month?

Rhalph

Nav

monkschain

nikita

Am I the only one seeing spam links in the above post?
Richard Buckland

Rhalph

yes it's spam, it takes parts of some posts and adds spam links to it.

nikita

Richard Buckland

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview