• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2019, 05:26:48 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Color Bitmap output request

Started by duke, April 01, 2009, 06:14:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

duke

I'm using WM2.1 Pro 64bit with Unity 2.5 and it's absolutely fantastic, however I was wondering if the output from WM could be altered/given more options:

-Different resolution than the heightmap (usually doesnt have the +1 either, so 512x512 rather than 513x513).
-8bit PNG
-RGBA format, as in feeding it a red, green, blue and alpha channel that is then used as a mask. I can do all of this now except for the alpha output.
System info: WindowsXP 64bit, 4gb ram, nvidia 9800 gtx, World Machine 2 Pro (using the 64bit version unless noted)

aguru

actually the "bitmap output" device has an alpha input you can use. just pipe in the RGB in the first and the alpha in the second input :)

duke

Yeah I noticed that! That gets rid of quite a few steps! Now all I need is the 8bit output :)
System info: WindowsXP 64bit, 4gb ram, nvidia 9800 gtx, World Machine 2 Pro (using the 64bit version unless noted)

Rhalph

Stephen just did a post to ask what future features WM users would like to see... Jump in :P
http://world-machine.com/blog/

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview