Author Topic: Help a noob  (Read 1977 times)

Sundog

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Help a noob
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »
I am really impressed with World Machine and the output I've seen from it, and have been digging in trying to learn, but I have some questions that may be so obvious to you old-timers that I can't find the answers.

I simply want to generate something like some of the beautiful textures I've seen examples of here on the forum, but I can't seem to understand how to get the bitmap output to do anything like that quality. First of all, it would help if any of the demos used the bitmap output, but what I've tried is installing it and using the same inputs as the Display Preview. However I never get anything like what I'm expecting. For instance, I tried this in the Tropical Islands demo and get no blue water, only green where the water should be.

So question 1: Is there a demo or more reading material that could point me in the right direction? If it's in the manual, I haven't managed to absorb it yet. 2: Are you guys even using WM to do your rendering? Should I be creating the worl in WM and rendering it in something else? In that case I would appreciate any suggestions for a renderer.

Thanks for any input!