• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

July 22, 2019, 02:37:00 am

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

2 Requests

Started by RoyalT, January 14, 2011, 06:37:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalT

Hi again,

1 -  I work a lot in the "Layout Mode" and I feel it's a little distracting that I have to swap between "Layout View" and "3D View" all the time just
to get a good look at what I'm doing so I had an idea. What if we could split the "Workview" in to two parts where one will be the "Layout View" and
the other the "3D View". This way it would be very easy to get a really good look at what you are doing right away and I can have a continues workflow.

2 - A simple (or advanced  :D) sculpting tool that worked right inside the "3D view". Just a brush with some simple functions: rise, lower,
flatten, smooth and so on. This would be very handy for some final touches to the terrain, create caves and lots more.

Regards,
Terje

Stephen

For #1, something similar to this is what I've wanted for a long time. In particular, for multimonitor displays, being able to send a view (or two) to the second monitor would be immensely helpful.

It's not technically difficult to implement, as all of the various views are already always-there, just hidden when not in use. This is another one of those "B" or "C" priority items that isn't hard but has languished because there's other things above it on the priority list.

I can't promise when it will be implemented but it IS a good idea!
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview