Author Topic: Right-Click Menu Problems  (Read 2970 times)

jaf

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Right-Click Menu Problems
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:30:47 PM »
This might be something on my system, but I had just added a device and then wanted to bypass it, so I used the usual right-click and selected bypass.  It worked fine, but later, when I tried to enable it, there was no right-click menu (on any device).  The device commands menu up at the top still work, as do the keyboard shortcuts.

I was running x64, so I tried x32, and it didn't even work the first time (no right-click menu.)

Seems like once it stops working, it is persistent.  Also, the right mouse button still works for moving the node display.

jaf

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Right-Click Menu Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:28:57 PM »
Just wanted to follow up on this since there were no responses.  Does anyone else have the problem of the right click menu only working once?

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:36:40 PM »
I can't replicate this. I have found that sometimes right clicks seem to get lost, and I am tracking that down, but if you click again the context menu will pop up.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

jaf

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
That's weird.  I just tried it again -- started x64 beta and right-clicked the advanced perlin device and got the menu. Then I clicked on a blank area to clear the menu and right-clicked the device again and no menu!

Then I exited and started the x32 version.  I right-clicked on the perlin device and no menu.  It's like the x32 is sharing whatever the problem is in x64.

Okay, now I see if I right-click several times, the menu eventually pops up.  If it didn't do that in other programs, I would suspect my mouse.

Another update.  I see now if I click fast it works all the time, but a slow right click doesn't (this only happens in only in WM.)  So I switched the right and left buttons via the control panel and now I have to click the left button "fast" to get the context menu.  So I don't think it's a hardware problem.  Guess I should unplug my graphics tablet........

jaf

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:06 PM »
I notice that the right-click initiates the context menu upon release of the mouse button, which is normal.  So it I right click but hold on a device for several seconds and then release, I don't get the menu.  If I right click and release quickly, I do get the menu.

Can someone else try a right click and hold for a couple seconds and then release?  It would seem to be a hardware problem but I can't replicate it in any other program I own.  :(