• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2019, 05:19:00 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Project Settings Exposed to the Macro System

Started by ivanhawkes, May 05, 2013, 04:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ivanhawkes

Let me know if there is a way to do this already.

I have a macro I am working on to provide coverage for my projects. It combines height, slope, erosion maps, beach lines, and water lines and will soon add lighting once I have the other stuff sorted. It's kind of a catch all to quickly slap down and get comprehensive coverage options with minimal effort. I have a problem though, although it's not huge I would like to be able to determine the ocean level from the parameters on the sidebar and also if it's switched on or not. I can't see a way to get this project specific information into a variable inside the macro I can run logic on.

This means either I have to pass the ocean level in as a parameter or the user needs to edit it inside the macro. Neither is as awesome as just having access to say a device that has a drop-down of project parameters and outputs their value when selected. It would also help me to create a selection area for just the waterline which I can use to mask the beach macro (it's too aggressive on my landmass for my tastes without masking).

Bonus points for this:

Expose the project name, description, grid values, and maybe even copyright information in the same manner.

Provide a device than can place text onto a bitmap and output that as a mask or bitmap. We can then overlay this onto our coverage maps and the like to get copyright info, website links, and even things like grid map positions, project size, etc. You can even stamp your copyright directly into the terrain itself if you wanted to. That's a fair amount of work and a low payoff, but worth adding to the list.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview