• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2019, 07:22:29 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

better sliders

Started by martink, June 27, 2013, 12:51:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

martink

It would be nice to see better sliders within world machine. Currently the sliders are very small and it seems that they are incremental. the smallest change within a slider usually makes a big difference to the landscape. Its hard to get subtle results without getting into the number inputs.

Id love to see sliders that allow us to have more control over our work. bigger sliders overall, and whatever you could add for extra control would be awesome.

look at houdini in how they dealt with most of their sliders. You have a menu appear as you middle click on a property, and different increments you can choose from, effectively giving you 5 sliders so to speak. when you hover over an increment, you select to work at that level, then you move your mouse horizontally to change the value.

other apps like modo have scrollers instead of sliders, and if I press ctrl plus lmb on the scroller i get fine control. If i press shift and lmb over a scroller I get very fast and broad control.

This would make world machine a lot nicer to use overall.

Stephen

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion! I like the coarse/fine control modification idea.

A GUI overhaul is currently under R&D -- I can't say with any certainty what kind of schedule there is on this (very major) change, but certainly I'll be taking a look at what can be done to make things faster/easier to work with when that occurs.

-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview