• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

August 18, 2019, 05:27:46 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Couple questions regarding multimonitor support etc.

Started by vvvvvvvv, July 11, 2013, 08:32:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vvvvvvvv

I have evaluated World Machine for couple days now and it looks pretty solid piece of a software! However, I have couple questions.

1. Preview viewport is very small. Can one resize preview viewport in Standard edition or is multi monitor support of Professional version the only way to get bigger preview window?

2. Also in Professional edition, can you have 3D view in an other window and have it update in *real time* while editing devices?

3. Are we able to install to one workstation and then transfer license to another workstation later on? (i.e. are we in charge of license, as long as we only use 1 license at a time)

Thank you for your time.

Stephen

Hi there,

Good to hear from ya.

1) The preview window is fixed in size. Bear in mind however, that you can also use the 3D view as a sort of preview window in all versions by having it as the active view while making changes to a device. Select the device you want to see (either from the device workview or the leftside preview), make sure you're in the 3D view, and then edit the device properties by clicking the button for it from the leftside toolbar.

2) Simplying the above quite a bit, you can place the 3D view into an additional window in the Pro edition; yes, it is updated in real time.

3) Yes; you are correct on your interpretation of the license.

Cheers,
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

vvvvvvv

Thank you for taking time to answer our questions. I made the purchase :]

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview