• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

September 18, 2019, 09:08:00 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Option to turn off mouse right click changing views

Started by monkschain, August 01, 2013, 01:55:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

monkschain

August 01, 2013, 01:55:11 am Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 02:37:34 am by monkschain
HI, option to turn off the right mouse button click that changes the display to the previous view would be a great help. This has always caused me problems reverting back to the previous view when I don't want to. I don''t know if it's my mouse button sticking or me being cack handed or what, but I used to have a problem with this with my previous mouse as well. Any chance of a setting in prefs?

monks

Stephen

Yes, I am considering removing this functionality, as although it was a useful shortcut in the past, I could sure use the additional functionality of allowing context menus on a right click. The default action under the mouse could still be to shift views, making it only slightly more cumbersome than currently.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Hotshot

Nice . sometimes I press the mouse button by mistake . It gets annoying

monkschain

ronan.thibaudau

BrianLockett

Would love to just see it optional, not gone.  I've gotten used to it and it can be handy at times.  A simple little checkbox option is a simple solution for those who find it handy at times.   Though, if for coding purposes it has to be removed, for that purpose, it'd be no big deal.
8 GB RAM, 2 GB NVIDIA graphics, Intel Core processor, Windows 10, and tons of coffee.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview