• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

August 23, 2019, 07:16:58 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Weathering Machine

Started by dematerialist, April 05, 2013, 08:07:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dematerialist

Looking at the beautiful flow maps created by World Machine I've wondered whether if Remnant has thought about whether this kind of thing could be repurposed somehow for creating weathering detail on buildings... streaks and drips for example?

For illustration, Enrich Pro is a plugin which procedurally creates drip patterns on buildings-

http://www.enrichpro.com/en/richdirt/index.html

Currently WM does not support mesh import? Maybe in the future when/if it does this could be a nice feature, a procedural way to weather your buildings and generate dirt maps? Maybe even an chipping/cracks/damage feature to procedurally damage the actual mesh as well?  :)

Cheers,

germanobanano

I wast just thinking about this today on my way to work. I have to reinstall my copy of worldmachine, but I was wondering what results you would get rendering out a zdepth of a side view of s building and using it as a heighmap.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview