• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

July 18, 2019, 04:24:43 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

question about magnum opus (gallery picture)

Started by enjoy_vue, December 11, 2013, 11:13:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

enjoy_vue

i donĀ“t speak english well, i hope i am understood.

i am totally impressed by the picture "magnum opus": http://www.world-machine.com/gallery/index.php?page=0&sort=recent&entry=84

in some detail, i have no idea how it was created in WM. particularly the hard breaks and edges (like a cliff) generated and integrated in the foreground and the second mountain (see my picture examples).
...sorry, english is not my native language.

wholehog

Hi, I'm thrilled that you like the image so much.
Do you use World Machine? If you do, I have attached the WM project file here and you can see it on your computer.
You will need the Custom Terrace device (attached). Just put it in your Macros folder (World Machine Documents directory) and open the Magnum_Opus.tmd. The project file resolution is 1024 x 1024 but I always build the terrain at 4096 x 4096 for using in Vue. It gives the best details in the terrain.

Let me know if you have any problems

Pete
All Your Custom Planetary Needs

enjoy_vue

December 12, 2013, 07:53:20 am #2 Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 09:13:37 am by enjoy_vue
many, many thanks for the file. i am a WM-newbie and can learn a lot from your file. that is a huge help! for example your way to use the gradient for me is completely new.

enjoy_vue

here i have a completely new terrain created, and some techniques used here, which i've learned from you with the analysis of your file. many thanks again!

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview