• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2019, 01:05:49 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Alpmountain

Started by SlimDusty, March 02, 2014, 08:07:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimDusty

I've seen this or atleast similar questions being asked before but I thought I should ask anyway.

I've started messing around with the trial edition of WM and my mission is to create snow covered mountains, alp style.
I have a shape that I like but my problem is getting a decent snow cover. I've seen tutorials where the end result is some snow in the fine ridges and alot on the flatter parts. Like this:

What I need is more snow cover but with lots of small and some bigger bare areas. Like in these images:

I hope I'm being clear with my intentions. It doesn't soley have to rely on the snow device, any kind of "cheat" solution would do just fine.

Stephen

hi there,

a bit more information would help. How are you currently getting your snow cover? What does the relevant part of your device network look like?

In general, you will probably have the most success in using Selectors to control where the Snow device deposits or evaporates snow from. For example, in your second image, the bare vs fully covered mountain sides looks like its probably from sun exposure/shade -- you can simulate this by using a Select Angle device piped into the Evaporation Intensity to make the snow linger in the shade and evaporate quicker on the sun-side.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview