Author Topic: New to World machine  (Read 1472 times)

angus

New to World machine
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:02:59 AM »
I used UE3 for months , and turned into UE4 when it came out . now im doing a project with my friends , and wanna make a nice looking map for our game.
i was using geocontrol2 demo ver before then it date up so i cant use it anymore , so i start trying world machine , it looks more difficult , but can do more details.
now im looking for someone that can give me a tutorial about how to make a map like this .
i made a map with a video like this , , but it seems all random
i dont really know how to make a map that i can control where to be higher , where to be rivers.. lakes... etc
hope someone can figure my question , thanks a lot , and sorrt for my bad english   

Jesse Meyer

• World Machine Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New to World machine
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »
My comment might be too late to be of use, but there are a variety of training resources that ship with WM through their demo scenes that are well commented for self-education. In addition, there are a few video professional resources too, some free and others not. They're easy enough to locate by the usual search. Youtube has a few decent introductory level videos of hobby users explaining the tricks and tips they've learned. Like anything else, you're going to need to put in the effort and time necessary to produce good results with software using principles that are unfamiliar.

If you have specific questions, we can offer direct answers.