• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2019, 10:09:11 am

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

any way to upgrade/be able to use more threads when building world

Started by WantaFanta, October 18, 2014, 02:35:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WantaFanta

ok so i certainly cant afford to get the professional version of world machine and i don't have any need for it.. but i do like the idea of faster world build times... im working on an AMD 8 core and right now world machine isn't using more than 15-20% cpu utilization and it can take a Long time for my worlds to build... most of this time is spent on (usually) an erosion node thats got geological time enhancement enabled. so , im just not sure what to do in this situation, since like i said i just dont need the pro version .

gigigonzalez1988

In that case you DO need the professional version, as its the version that 'supports' more than two threads.

Sorry :/
World Machine 3 Professional 3.0dev x64, Win7 Ultimate, Intel i7 3770k 4.5Ghz, Scythe Mugen 4, 32GB Memory, EVGA GeForce GTX 670GTX, Coolermaster Silent 750W

wantafanta01

yeah NVM im an idiot, i was tired when i posted this i must have completely missed the fact that the Pro version is only 250$  :p

gigigonzalez1988

World Machine 3 Professional 3.0dev x64, Win7 Ultimate, Intel i7 3770k 4.5Ghz, Scythe Mugen 4, 32GB Memory, EVGA GeForce GTX 670GTX, Coolermaster Silent 750W

Bertilino

Would it be possible to up the normal version thread limit to something like 8. Or possibly make a non-profit hobby license with lifted thread limitations?

I hate having to use old hardware just to get better build times because my new CPU can only utilize 8% of its power. Using artificial speed limitations to set licenses apart also seems very "old-school" to me...

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview