• Welcome to World Machine Community. Please login or sign up.

August 19, 2019, 11:03:23 pm

News:

Read the Development Diary for an inside look at World Machine's progress!

Translate/Shift/Move Terrain

Started by xanatosgambit, November 19, 2014, 03:43:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

xanatosgambit

Basically I'm looking to shift my terrain freely across the X-axis. I see there is a Coordinate Generator device but I'm not finding any info on how to implement it properly. Anyone have any insight for me?

Stephen

Hi there,

Quick question:

If you are looking to shift your ENTIRE terrain along the X axis, the most efficient thing to do is instead... move your viewport.

Go to your project settings and change the bottom-left X coordinate of the viewport, and everything will shift.

If you are looking to shift SOME of the elements but not others, you will have to change the device origins. Each generator has an X,Y coordinate that it considers the origin; you can set it by double clicking on the generator and adjusting the Device Origin box.
-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine

thexanatosgambit

For this particular issue I needed to reposition a single element. My fault for not seeing that device origins can be adjusted.  After a couple dozen or so hours of playing with this program I don't know how I missed something so obvious. :oops: Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S save/post or ALT+P preview