Author Topic: Basic to Professional .tmd file problem.  (Read 2160 times)

Yatingo

Basic to Professional .tmd file problem.
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
Greetings community,

I've been working on the free basic version of World Machine for the past weeks and I've created a project which took me a while to get together.
The basic version is limited with rendering (513x513 max) so I decided to upgrade to a professional version of World Machine.
The problem that I have is that I can't seem to load the .tmd save file from the basic version onto the professional version.

As I try to load the save file a message tile pops up with the following message "Sorry, but this world file was created with a newer version of World Machine and cannot be loaded." I find this rather strange seeing as the upgraded version should be the newer one.

Is there a work-around to get this problem solved so I can load the world file into World Machine Professional?

Thanks in advance.

ronan.thibaudau

• World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Basic to Professional .tmd file problem.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 05:23:47 AM »
Are you sure the message isn't right? Maybe you downloaded a test version of 3.0 and downloaded V2 Professional instead of V3 since it's still marked as development?

Remnant

• Author
  • World Machine Guru
    • View Profile
    • http://www.world-machine.com/
Re: Basic to Professional .tmd file problem.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »

2.3.7 is the latest Basic Edition, and you certainly shouldn't have any issues opening a 2.3.7 file in either the Release (2.3.7) or Dev (3.0.devX) branches. Double check and report back the version number of the Basic Edition you used to create your file here, if you could?

-- Stephen Schmitt
- Creator of World Machine